Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 10:41 PM

Default Is anyone else getting goosebumps while

listening to our commander in chief, President Bush? He is so inspiring! It makes me feel secure that he is in office and likely will be for four more years.

back to the speech..........

Jimbo
Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Is anyone else getting goosebumps while

I truley wish that I had the same feelings. Unfortunately, when he speaks publicly I usually get very depressed, and fear that we are being led by someone not up to the job. Oh well, to each his own.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:35 PM

Jimbo,

I thought he started off a little slow and got much better. I think he did well.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:35 PM

I understand people like this speech. It is the same type of speech that Clinton gave. But me, I have to try very hard like a deaf person trying to tell whether the music is good. Having done so, I think it could have been slightly more concise, faintly less rambling, and perhaps begging (he used one of those rising-pitch-then-low lines). He touched some issues in two different places, which were either already known in his campaign, or weren't first-row concerns. He also could have kept the cadence a little quicker, when people applauded his one-liners. I think this speech was average, whereas I thought Kerry's speech was bad. I think it was a better night than Kerry's final night, and was more on par with Kerry's first or second night. I agree with vulturesrow that Bush started out slow, and then got pretty good for some stretches.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:39 AM

Default LOL!

What a sycophantic homo thread. I'm glad that you feel safe. 51% of New Yorkers believe that Bush knew about 9/11 prior to the act and did nothing to stop it.

I bet that it makes you feel safe when rich kids snort cocaine. I bet that it makes you feel safe when rich kids avoid combat. I bet that it makes you feel safe when the IMF warns the US Government that it is going broke.
I know what makes you feel most safe; it's dividends paid on investments tied to the war machine.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Re: LOL!

You know what makes me feel safe? Knowing that no one takes you seriously at all.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:00 AM

"What a sycophantic homo thread."

Glad to see your true feelings finally coming out, Jokerswild. I'll remember this next time you accuse someone of homophobia or racism.

"I'm glad that you feel safe. 51% of New Yorkers believe that Bush knew about 9/11 prior to the act and did nothing to stop it."

Could this be one reason David Steele feels New York is one of the "smart states"?

I bet that it makes you feel safe when rich kids snort cocaine. I bet that it makes you feel safe when rich kids avoid combat. I bet that it makes you feel safe when the IMF warns the US Government that it is going broke. I know what makes you feel most safe; it's dividends paid on investments tied to the war machine."

Well you did make a fine recommendation a while back on Halliburton, Jokerswild. Maybe you have missed your true professional calling. There's still yet time, you know. And just imagine how well Halliburton might do if Iran really does turn out to be next in line! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2004, 02:12 AM

Default Yep, I get goosebumps

I flash back to some big and scary monster in a B-movie, that's ultimately stupid and goes down in flames. Only this time, it's not a drive-in and the stupid, scary monster has got us all in tow.

Goosebumps. You said it.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:46 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
You know what makes me feel safe? Knowing that no one takes you seriously at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, we take jokerswild seriously. I mean we got that special Secret Service detail on the job. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2004, 06:16 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

Did you notice I discussed many important issues. Education, the economy, health care, predatory legal practices,....

I was not afraid to talk about the unborn babies and defending marriage against activist judges as well.