Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Somebody other than than cnfuzzd tell me this sucks

Villain was a 50/8/1 fish. He folded I think a gutshot after calling to the river getting 5:1 and 4:1 respectively.

He'd coldcalled with 76o, 76s, 85s, 99, T5s from hands I remember. Generally loose and neither particularly passive nor aggressive, most likely with loose/crap hands that he was drawing to dick with. He'd raised the flop with 97s on a 765 board, called the flop 3-bet, called the turn 5 and bet out in position on the river 7 when I checked to him with KK. Seems pretty standard other than being [censored].

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

I'm calling a bet, I'm donking any J/A and check/folding any spade other than J/A. I'm calling a river bet as well to a blank.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Somebody other than than cnfuzzd tell me this sucks

I already put my opinion, but if this guy peels a lot of flops, I fire a second barrel. Otherwise, I can check-fold this turn.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:13 PM

i do that sometimes if i fear he'll bluff raise me off the best hand. but how about betting?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already put my opinion, but if this guy peels a lot of flops, I fire a second barrel. Otherwise, I can check-fold this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That actually wasn't in my post and I didn't look at that before my turn action, but he folds the flop about 2% less than he folds the turn. Seems the turn bet is easy.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:15 PM

I bet the turn.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:33 PM

Certain bad players will bluff behind every time you check and they have nothing. That would be good for a checkcall because it avoids the raise, avoids the free card when you are ahead, and overcharges him for his 3-outer or 6-outer.

I didn't read that into your description so this is a bad free card out-of-position with a possible best hand. Especially because it sounds like he may be popping the flop with his one-pair hands. If you get raised you can safely fold because you are very probably behind and drawing dead or close to it.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Bet, homie. If they are bluffers and will bluff raise often but will also fire an autobet a ton with nothing, check/call down.