Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Another Crappy Database Site

I saw this crap site advertised :

***.COM is a pokerstars, partypoker, empirepoker, and
pokernow player DATABASE. Check out DATA on your opponents.

Because x-ray vision doesn't work online, the *** DATABASE hopes to help you improve your poker play through exposing your opponents' style of play and thus his weaknesses.

The *** was started in early 2005 as a way for online poker players to share information about their opponents through uploading of their hand histories. that effort failed. who really wants to share anyway?

Now, the *** harvests over 70,000 POKERSTARS.COM HANDS a day in an effort to provide its members with the largest online poker player DATABASE available.

Funny how I play at every one of their supported sites yet when I searched my handle, they had no data on me? Do people actually make money off these crap sites?

Their site says they mine 70,000 PS hands a day. So how long before every site doesn't give HH's for observing?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Another Crappy Database Site

All that text makes for an easy Google search! I've tried looking for sites like this in the past but couldn't find anything. This site seems so crappy I can't see how they could make money, even if they did have a huge database.

The idea of "harvesting" data from sites automatically doesn't seem viable long term, even for individuals, because poker sites will eventually start trying to stop it. For them, it's just a drain on resources, and I'd guess most of their players don't like being "harvested" either!