Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Caesar\'s IN the 10-20 game is sometimes surreal

We have an action line on the tables at Caesars IN and it has taken a little getting used to. This is a hand that is still bouncing around in my brain this morning.

I played a lot of hands so hope I have the action right.

Seat one is a drunken fish, I am in seat 5, Jamal (Nicknamed Will Call)is in seat 6, Young asian guy is in seat 7 (super nice guy, can't remember his name), seat 8 is a fish and seat 10 is like the uber fish of the world.

6 or seven to the flop, flop is J high and I have a J with a good kicker. Uber fish is UTG and bets, drunken fish makes an action line violation and has to raise, I reraise trying to get heads up with the fish.

Guess what Will call does? Uber fish and drunk fish both fold. I forget what the turn card is but it gets someone closer to a straight. I bet, Jamal calls and the river is a K if I remember correctly, anyway it made me two pair. I bet Jamal raises and I call. Jamal shows a AQ offsuit for a runner runner straight.

Jamal called three small bets cold with two over cards and stayed to make a runner runner straight. Now in hindsight after He called three small bets cold, He was probably correct to stay for two more bets.

I don't exactly know why I am posting this hand, I hope it isn't a not to cleverly disquised bad beat post. I hope it is an interesting example of some of the play you can expect if you play 10-20 at Caesar's IN.

I played about 7 hours and lost $6.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s IN the 10-20 game is sometimes surreal

[ QUOTE ]
I don't exactly know why I am posting this hand, I hope it isn't a not to cleverly disquised bad beat post. I hope it is an interesting example of some of the play you can expect if you play 10-20 at Caesar's IN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try as you may, this is still the impression that comes off.

Sorry Steam.

But it does look like you had fun.

Thread hijack: I'll probably go up for the 300 dollar WSOP NL event. Are they taking registrations yet?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:12 PM

yes, they were taking registrations yesterday. You have probably played against Jamal. sometimes after he has been there two days without sleep He nods off between hands.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:34 PM

I hate it when I make a Bad Beat post.

I have really been working on my game and I am back in the $10-20. I have been playing the new $6-12 limit it is much looser than the old $5-10 but it still qualifies for the Bad Beat Jackpot.

I think my plan is $6-12 when the jackpot is high and $10-20 when the Jackpot is low.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 PM

you just reminded me why I skip over all your posts.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:03 PM

I was playing a 10/20 at Borgata on Saturday that had a player raising or reraising every hand he played except when he had a monster so in essence I was playing a 20/40 game (where the flop was often either thirty or capped). I hit a straight on the flop with A4 (235 on flop) and lost when turn and river came A4 and someone had a 6 (he also had a flush draw). I hit a set on another flop and lost when someone called me down to hit a gutshot straight. He said he put me on a flush draw when I capped the flop and he said that I shouldn't expect him to read my mind.

Losing when you have top pair good kicker in wild games is not unexpected when there are many callers willing to go to the river with bottom pair or even nothing.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:54 PM

after reviewing your avatar, I am really, really glad that you don't like me.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:57 AM

I played the 10-20 last Thursday morning with Jamal. The room hadn't closed the previous night, and he had been at the table (he said) for 24 hours. Yes, he did nod off. Yes, he did suck out on several people including me. Yes, I am looking forward to playing him again.

Are you planning on playing in any of the cash games during the Circuit events? I still say I owe you dinner or a couple of beers.

Brian
Old 10-11-2005, 11:52 AM

depending upon my work load, I plan to log as much time in the side games as possible.

Today is Tuesday so as soon as I can can get enough work done to justify splitting, I'll be on my way.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:59 AM

Good luck today. If Jamal nods off, give him a quick nudge and tell him the deli just anounced fresh brownies and hot chocolate. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]