Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: multitabling is for suckers

[ QUOTE ]
and has less of a tilt factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do people just make crap up and post it as fact?

and for the lower variance point, when people do get on the track they write something so vague and badly worded that it doesnt really contribute.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:25 PM

good luck earning the fatty paycheck noob
Old 11-23-2005, 06:30 PM

i think the major disadvantage of multitabling is simply that you dont learn as much. you just maximize $/hour but if ur still in the process of getting accustomed to a new limit and new players ur roboting away missing to grasp the game at a higher level thus missing out on your $/100
Old 11-23-2005, 06:30 PM

Why do people quote others and bash their posts, and not offer any explanation for the correct reasons that the OP didnt list?

I was speaking from experience, sherlock.

Less tilt factor because you see more hands, and you readily forget about a bad beat when you're raking in a pot on some other table.

EDIT: Variance is the same, but it's effect is different because of the speed with which you play hands.

Tex
Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 PM

I love your reply discrepancies for different posters.

Let's play HU some time, fish.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone has ADD, AZK.

Although, I'd say a vast majority of people on 2+2 do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this ADD or the opposite of ADD. We need many things to stimulate us yet we can focus on 8 different things at the saem time. I think ppl with add would not be able to play more than one table since they couldnt concentrate enough on poker to play more tables than that. Any thoughts?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:56 PM

The decision to multi-table is related to what you want to accomplish as a poker player. If you are out to make a profit, multitabling is probably marginally better than playing one or two tables. If you want to get better at the game, concentrating on one table is the way to go.

Playing 2 tables at once seems to be a good balance. You can still concentrate on your opponents (steal blinds, bluff effectively, etc.) while increaing your win rate/hour. Playing more than 2 tables, however, compromises your ability to keep track of your opponents and your forced to play ABC poker. Poker is about playing your opponents and when you fail to do that, your profits will suffer.

On a personal note, I have played up to 12 tables at once. My logic was that it would be easier to win 1BB/100 per table than to win 6BB/100 on 2 tables. It is not. Winning 6BB/100 on two tables is much easier than winning 1BB/100 on 12 tables.

Good luck.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't then understand how you are able to play live without wanting to commit suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wellbutrin
Old 11-23-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't then understand how you are able to play live without wanting to commit suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

alcohol, deep stacks.

No but seriously, live while very slow, is offset by the fact that decisions are tougher since it's generally MUCH deeper, a lot more money is involved and I have a lot more "stimulation" then just a computer monitor. People are talking, twitching, blinking, moving, hot waitresses, shuffling chips, there is plenty to keep yourself occupied when you aren't playing in a hand, and when you are people are giving off cues left and right that you need to be looking out for.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:19 PM

What happened to this?

"One day, I had several thousand in my account and decided, I'm just going to play one table of 5/10. I'm going to actually give a [censored] (becuase it is a lot of money for me), instead of trying to find the easiest way to make money without having to think (I used to load up 6 tables of 1/2 6max, pretty brain dead), I'm going to outplay people that I know I can, I'm going to fold to people I know have the goods, and I'm actually going to play real poker. Forget about money, just think about not making mistakes and actually focusing and trying to figure out what people have and how they bet. Holy [censored]! It's like seeing life in color. Yes I suppose I could be running good, but I have made more money in 10 days then I made in 3 months putzing around with 6 tables looking for action and quick scores.

I'm writing this just to say, multitabling isn't everything. I also feel like I've learned more "poker" in the last 10 days from paying attention than I have in the last 3 months."

Just too boring?