Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:33 PM

Default How do you do it? (stupid question)

I'm experimenting with four tabling, and just finished four 22's. Three firsts, one second, and I'm exhausted and sweating like a pig and feel like I want to puke (not a brag, I was out of the money ten straight tables before).

I've multitabled ring tables extensively before, but I'm new to SNG's. I assumed I'd start four tables, quickly get knocked out of two, then have time to devote attention to the last two tables as action picked up on the bubble. Didn't work this time.

So my question is, how do you multitable SNG's? Do you start a new "crop" and wait until all are finished before starting again, or do you continiously add new tables as you crap out at others?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: How do you do it? (stupid question)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm experimenting with four tabling, and just finished four 22's. Three firsts, one second, and I'm exhausted and sweating like a pig and feel like I want to puke (not a brag, I was out of the money ten straight tables before).

I've multitabled ring tables extensively before, but I'm new to SNG's. I assumed I'd start four tables, quickly get knocked out of two, then have time to devote attention to the last two tables as action picked up on the bubble. Didn't work this time.

So my question is, how do you multitable SNG's? Do you start a new "crop" and wait until all are finished before starting again, or do you continiously add new tables as you crap out at others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I only 2-table in sets because I'm still learning.

A lot of these maniacs like to 8-12 table continuously...it's pretty robotic to them though.

EDIT: Anyways, just practice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Once you get comfortable with 3, move on up to 4, then 5, then 16. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: How do you do it? (stupid question)

The way I started 4 tabling is:
1) Start 2 tables
2) When the first two get to level 4, start 2 more.
3) Repeat.

As you get better/more confortable, start the second 2 earlier. Then just start them up as you get busted out.

It just takes practice.

I remember starting 2 tables and freaking out!!! Way too much going on, now I play 4 tables and surf 2+2 at the same time.

Now if I would just be profitable! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

----------Jeff