Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 01:13 AM

Default Turned a Low Flush and Got Bet Into

I'm playing 6-handed 5/10 NL on Full Tilt. I have 600 and every player but one has me covered. All four players who see the flop have me covered.

The table is fairly tight, the main villian in this hand has been a fairly active player, has checkraised 2 or 3 times in the 30 hands I have sat. The one check raise that was shown down, he check raised a KQxr flop, opponent called and the hand was checked down, he showed a Queen with a backdoor flush draw

I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and I limp UTG. I feel this was a dubious at best call, but that's not the main thrust of my post. Feel free to comment on any aspect of the hand though, I love all advice.

Myself, the CO and both blinds (Villian is the SB) see a $40 flop.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me (3rd position of 4), I bet $35, Villian is the only caller.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian bets $100. What is your action?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Turned a Low Flush and Got Bet Into

Wanted to add, the villian was fairly active, but not overly so. If I could characterise him as loose or aggressive based on this small sample, it would only be mildly so.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:16 PM

I've only been reading this forum for about 2 days now and from what I've read 99% of you guys are far better than me, but I'd have to figure that if he had anything but an ace he would have checked it to you since you bet on the flop. Raise big. I don't play stakes as high as you but I'd probably throw $250 in over the top.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:41 PM

Just from what I read, he might be playing a scare card. You almost bet the size of the pot on the flop. He might be putting you on a pair.

I think what is more important is that you limped in with this hand.

I would fold unless I was positive that he was playing a scare card.