Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Feeling lost with a full house

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I think I need to make a play at the turn and then re-evaluate especially since the flush draw is possible.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

you could also lead flop, lead turn, since you said you normally have an aggro image.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:06 AM

Durka Durka, Jihad, Mohammed Allah.

Before you respond, STFU and have another drink.

-Racist
Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 AM

I don't understand the decision on the river...it's totally out of character....if you decided to play the hand passively and had strong suspicion that the other player could have AA/66 then it was an easy call on the river...if you c/r, then you should have also been prepared to call an all in....otherwise I don't understand the point of that action....
Old 10-08-2005, 07:21 AM

hey james,
when you checkraise the river think about what hands you expect to get called from and what hands you expect to play back at you and i think that makes your decision a lot easier in what you should have done in the first place.

that said i have a hard time not checkraising this turn.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:31 AM

This is 2k buyin so blinds are 10/20, yes? So pot on flop is 50, he makes a pot sized bet. Would he do this with a flopped set of aces or sixes? Doubtful. If so and he turns a huge boat, does he bet 100 into a 160 pot? Probably not, because if you called the flop with a straight or flush draw he wouldn't want to chase you out on the turn. By you calling the turn, he now has you on an ace but not a big enough kicker to raise with at any point, probably A7-AJ. 8 comes on the river, he makes about a pot sized bet.

I really think he has 97 and the 8 made his straight. When you reraise, I think he puts you on A8, making top 2 pair on the river. After all, anything else and you would have raised by now, right? And A8 is exactly in the range he has you in. So he is confident that his straight is good, after all, he hid the fact that he has been betting out with a draw this whole time. Is it out of line for him to have 97 hearts, betting with flush and inside straight draw the whole time? It's too good of a catch for him to not try to get paid off. And because your hand was played so strangely, (as most people have responded here, they would've raised either the flop or the turn) he doesn't put you on A5. I really don't think that he has AA or 66. The only hand I'm worried about is 88, but the $100 turn bet makes this unlikely. Plus I think his 97 makes the same play here on the river. He has you pegged at A8.

Another reason to take him off AA and 66 is that if you can justify him betting out with both of these on the flop, then it's also entirely possible that he's betting out with a 5, and when the other 5 hits on the turn, he is confidently betting because he knows you probably don't have him on it. On the river, his rereraise all in could very well be 56 or 58 (less likely) and he would still be making the same move as with the hands that beat you, especially since you probably don't have pocket aces, sixes, or eights. I'll bet if you called, you would've either seen 97 or 56. In fact, the pot sized bet on the flop could have very well been his flopped 2 pair of 65, protecting it from draws and getting value from an ace. Does this make sense?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That pot should have been a lot bigger by the time you got to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. You should be betting this hand on all streets.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen the opponent in this hand get out of line, his numbers are 15/5.5 for 500 hands. In this hand, he has 2200 and I have him covered.

I have A5o in the BB, he open limps UTG+1 and it's folded to me, I check.

Flop is A65 2 hearts. I check, he bets 55 or so and I call.

Turn is an offsuit 5. I check, he bets 100 and I call.

River is an offsuit 8. I check, he bets 300, I cr to 700, he goes all in without thinking and I folded.

This hand felt insanely weird. I had a good read he wanted to bet the river but also felt confident about the fold. This was like the most muddled hand I've ever played at NL and since I've played badly today I figured I'd post this one. I think the CR was kinda bad. I think I either need to bet out or bet call. Ugh.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

what up w/ this buddy?

i think you should be c'ring th eturn if you're gunna c'r...and given no c'r on the turn, i definately bet out on the river and very likely call a bet. looks like 666/888/aaa s full after he pushes the riv. so i like the fold. but i dont like the play. flop and turn are arguable but i dont think you can make a good case for c'ring here over bet/call ...would you fold if you bet the pot and he pushed?

if so then i think you can bet it.

anyways, id probaably end up getting stacked ehre so good job not getting stacked lol.

Barron
Old 10-08-2005, 03:55 PM

He would definitely bet all of the best hands on the flop. This isn't a 25 dollar buyin table where people slowplay no matter what.
-James
Old 10-08-2005, 03:56 PM

Very funny Jihad!!! lolz! You are the second person on my ignore list, congratulations.
-James
Old 10-08-2005, 03:57 PM

i just didn't get it.