Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Play this hand against me

Now you're confusing me. I was pretending to be the guy with QQ. If I think there is enough of a chance you are bluffing combined with my 22:1 to improve and I call the turn, if I miss on the river and you bet again... uh ... I fold.

I want KK to call.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now you're confusing me. I was pretending to be the guy with QQ. If I think there is enough of a chance you are bluffing combined with my 22:1 to improve and I call the turn, if I miss on the river and you bet again... uh ... I fold.

I want KK to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that's all I was asking. Also, the pot is not 22 bb on the turn, but there is certainly a chance I am raising for a free showdown.
-James
Old 04-09-2005, 01:19 AM

I call initial turn raise and bet river.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you pay off a raise?
-James
Old 04-09-2005, 01:30 AM

In this situation, ya.

You could be 3-betting way too many hands here preflop since the limper is terrible. Not to mention knowing too many plans on the river revolve around bet/fold to a raise.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you pay off a raise?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I call the turn raise (especailly with limper gone) and showdown cheaply. I really thought about three bet the turn then, bet the river (not the wisest move for obvious reasons, especially now knowing u 4 bet it -- which I would be hating.) -- but in reality I call your turn raise, check/call the river.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, that's all I was asking. Also, the pot is not 22 bb on the turn, but there is certainly a chance I am raising for a free showdown.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

You three bet preflop, I imagine because of loose UTG. Call flop. Come out on the turn. Set?

I dont think ud want a free showdown, would u? (river play is what I need work on) -- if u wanted a cheap showdown, why not call his turn raise, then call the river? Are u hoping to take the hand. (be gently with me here, sorry)
Old 04-09-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the pot is not 22 bb on the turn, but there is certainly a chance I am raising for a free showdown.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What I meant was if I am behind (which is most likely) then I am 22:1 to improve.

Against an unknown or a fish or something then it is an easy call down. In the scenario described though, I know who you are, and have to think either you are trying to bluff me completely, or you think I am trying to bluff you completely, or you just have me beat, or I am depending on the very thin chance you have JJ.

If I don't improve on the river, and you bet again after I called your turn raise, and I know you know I know the aproximate percentage of times you will be bluffing, QQ is in very rough shape.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the pot is not 22 bb on the turn, but there is certainly a chance I am raising for a free showdown.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What I meant was if I am behind (which is most likely) then I am 22:1 to improve.

Against an unknown or a fish or something then it is an easy call down. In the scenario described though, I know who you are, and have to think either you are trying to bluff me completely, or you think I am trying to bluff you completely, or you just have me beat, or I am depending on the very thin chance you have JJ.

If I don't improve on the river, and you bet again after I called your turn raise, and I know you know I know the aproximate percentage of times you will be bluffing, QQ is in very rough shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right to me.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:35 AM

Again, it shouldn't matter if i fold or call.