Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: How\'d you do on your 2005 poker goals?

[ QUOTE ]

My goal was to make 100k, and become a better poker player. I did both. My goals for 2006 is to be able to crush players that are at my level of skills at the moment.

Richard

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on achieving your goals!

Can I please ask how long you have been playing? How many hrs/wk approx. to make your 100K?

I am just getting started and trying to get a feel for what is possible.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 12-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: How\'d you do on your 2005 poker goals?

Did not write them in here - but I made it 95% of the way to my goals (in order of importance)

- Learned how to play online poker (was a B&M player exclusivly for 5 years) - had a couple of bad/very tilty experiences that kept me B&M before this year but was determined to make the online move. Started small (3-6) and now I am 3-4 tabling 10-20 6 max on my sweet 21” dells.
- Make a concerted effort to read and study every 2+2 book and spend lots of time reading strategy posts online – truly improve all aspects of my game (clearly not all the way there yet – but really feel that I have learned ALLOT this year)
- Earn 75K playing cards (online, off, tournaments, bonuses, etc.) – projecting to 69K now – close.

Could not have done it without this board – especially the HUSH forum – really I would be no where without the great insight and learning that is shared on a daily basis on that forum……THANKS (next year my goal will be to post more hands….)