Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: 200/400 hand 1

[ QUOTE ]

barron vangor tooth does, even preflop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't spell AND misrepresents - what a combo!

But that discussion should go where it belongs.

Barron Vangor Toth <--- 1 "O" / word
BarronVangorToth.com <--- 1 "O" / word
Old 09-21-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me like if you're going to be taking ace high to showdown with any frequency against him, then you might as well three-bet it, at least occasionally. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt make any sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Build a bigger pot to make calling down more correct is what I guess he's saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement is a huge logical fallacy....

do you pump your gutshots on the flop so that you can call on the turn??????

[/ QUOTE ]

You always need to create pot odds for your longshot draws. Otherwise they arent profitable.

You mean to say that all the Heads up/SH aggro's are wrong to do this? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me like if you're going to be taking ace high to showdown with any frequency against him, then you might as well three-bet it, at least occasionally. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt make any sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Build a bigger pot to make calling down more correct is what I guess he's saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement is a huge logical fallacy....

do you pump your gutshots on the flop so that you can call on the turn??????

[/ QUOTE ]

You always need to create pot odds for your longshot draws. Otherwise they arent profitable.

You mean to say that all the Heads up/SH aggro's are wrong to do this? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, HU aggros who do this do so correctly often times because so called "good players" are folding with the right odds to call(or when they are ahead because of all the pf action).
-James
Old 09-21-2005, 11:04 PM

I think the problem with a check raise is he's usually gonna give up here when he has nothing which is what he has most of the time, and check behind. The check call flop and donk bet turn line you mentioned is a good line I think and also I like check raising the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
MAYBE a king(he has definitely folded top pair during this session to a player with an image similar to mine

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a totally different situation where he folded to the other guy. The other guy had raised preflop and John 3-bet him in position and the action ended up with the guy check riasing the turn. Everytime that guy raised postflop I saw him show an overpair and I think his image was much more tight/stragihtforward than yours. John would never fold a K here in a blind steal situation against you. I doubt hed fold a pair with a flush draw either and probably calls the river once hes gotten there.