Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Party Waiting Lists - the rumour was true

A while back someone made a post explaining that the reason you get kicked off of Party Waiting lists is because someone has cheated the system and jumped ahead of everyone else, taking your spot as a result. As you can see from this post:
@*%$(*#&*$)(@
I was upset enough to "investigate" the problem, and unfortunately, the poster was correct.

I sent party an anonymous email, and a copy of it is below. Note that the part where I explain how to exploit the bug is edited out. If you figure this part out, please do not post it publicly.

To: info@partypoker.com
As a customer service representative, there is probably nothing you can do about this problem, so please forward this email to tech support.

I have only tested this on the 30/60 tables, but I am pretty sure it applies to all the tables at your site. There were 50 people on the waiting list, and I was approximately 50th on the list (I had at least 4 hours of waiting to go). *** here is where I explained how to exploit the bug*** I got the seat despite not being anywhere near first on the waiting list.

Please fix this problem ASAP. Note that I am a registered real money player at your site, however, I am using this email address so I can be anonymous since I have just admitted to exploiting a bug above. You don't have to worry though, I left the seat without playing a hand, and don't plan on doing this agian. Out of curiosity, will there be any action taken against people that have abused this?

Please email me back explaining whether this is new information to you or not, and whether or not you plan to fix it. I find it ridiculous that I pay hundreds of dollars in rake to your site a month that makes $1,000,000 + a day off of rake that refuses to fix your very mediocre software that is filled with bugs.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Party Waiting Lists - the rumour was true

There's a great chance of such email going unresponded.
Since you probably play a lot on Party I assume you have an executive hostess or whatever they call them. Email her instead, in my experience only these emails stand a chance of reaching the right person.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:53 PM

Or contact Michael O'Malley about this instead.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:13 PM

I am aware of the bug also. Lately it is the only way to get on a table.

Last night I logged on and joined a waiting list for a 5/10 table (first available). There were approximatly 15 tables going. 10 had a waiting list of around 18 people on each, and the other 5 had nobody waiting and no way of even getting on a waiting list.

Well I get on the list with the 18 others and watch my place in line shrink from 18 to 12 to 6 to 2 and then NOTHING. A button pops up asking me if I'd like to join the wait list.

Needless to say this can be very frustrating so I opened a table with nobody waiting and got on using the method you were refering to. (Which I learned about on this forum.)

I have contacted a floorperson in the past and was told that they would notify tech support and for me to try again.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:31 PM

so what is this method? i would like to play some 30-60
Old 02-06-2004, 04:37 PM

I think Jeff's method is different than mine. Mine involves skipping ahead of waiting lists, but he mentioned something about a table with no one waiting.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:22 PM

I can understand people complaining about "cutting" in line...but it is very likely that the "cutters" have also been the "cuttees"

Hard to fault someone for finding a solution and using it, but it is nice to go to a table without a long list, but then you have to watch carefully when it would have been your turn if you want on a particular table.

As far as who to contact, I think Lucy Jones has been out of action, so that won't work as well as Michael O'Malley. The wait lists are totally a pain.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:38 PM

How do I contact Michael O' Malley?
Old 02-06-2004, 05:46 PM

PM or through a post with his name in the title.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:14 PM

I've emailed them about it before and never got a response. I found out about that bug the same way you did about a month and 1/2 ago. I always had wondered why I'd get booted off wait lists for no reason and figured that that bug is the reason why.