Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Starting Hands for 6Max NL small stakes

Ok I found a great range of starting hands for limit short handed games here on 2+2 Preflop strategy

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=

Does anyone have a good starting hand list for 6max NL tables from $25 max to $100 max buyins?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Starting Hands for 6Max NL small stakes

anyone?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:21 AM

read through this, lots of advice and i seem to remember a six max starting hand chart or somehting
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 AM

i too would be interested in a starting hand six max table.

i know people go crazy about not relying on tables, but i think it's a fantastic starting point. need to know whether i'm even in the ballpark with K9o play for instance. i know the hand charts from most books for 10 person have been extensively tested with software (not just the author's years of experience - really rely on both).

some of the ones i've seen take a 10 person chart and change the actions, without adding any new pre-flop hands to it.

i know abdul and a few others say to take middle position in 10 person as opening in 6 person... but it strikes me that there are some big differences ( 1 aggressiveness of opponents, 2)fewer callers for drawing hands - although assuming you're opening, not as big a deal, 3) more good cards left in deck; 4) blinds come around faster.... but i think you could use the middle position unopened 10 person as a start and loosen it up moderately.

books i've seen with good shorthanded include advanced sklansky, harrington (although more head to head with the specific card recommendation), king yao, matt maroon.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:58 AM

Default A more direct line

this should save you a click or two