Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you buy a 400K 10/20 SH database for 20$ a month?
Yes 8 28.57%
No 13 46.43%
Stop spamming the boards you loser 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2005, 05:25 PM

Default 42s in bb....Hero a donk again?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) converter

CO ($1484)
Button ($1161.45)
SB ($175)
Hero ($2075.25)
UTG ($1072)
UTG+1 ($373.5)
MP1 ($1738.75)
MP2 ($592)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, MP1 calls $25, Button folds.

River: ($85) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $82</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $164</font>, Hero calls $82.

Final Pot: $413
Old 05-21-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: 42s in bb....Hero a donk again?

Not horrible. I'm certainly not good enough to lay this down, and I think it's wrong anyway getting 4:1.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:37 AM

villain with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the straight. I feel like these min raises with hands like that suck. Should I be reraising his raise and folding to an allin? It's not fair that he can get extra value out of his good hands and not be punished unless I have the absolute nuts. Anyone reraise this?
Old 05-22-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the straight. I feel like these min raises with hands like that suck. Should I be reraising his raise and folding to an allin? It's not fair that he can get extra value out of his good hands and not be punished unless I have the absolute nuts. Anyone reraise this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a hand you beat will call a raise?
You dont want to get a showdown here with a babyflush?
I in no way understand your statement about 'being fair' ???
Old 05-22-2005, 06:00 AM

Yes capt you are a donk. Primarily for not betting the turn to prevent/charge for a 4th diamond coming, and secondarily for whining about not punishing a player when you are not sufficiently aggressive to do so, albeit in a situation where you were out of position. You should have bet the turn, and if you got no further action then so be it - this was an unraised small pot anyway, and a bet might just elicit a call from two overcards with one big diamond. In the situation as described, I would have min re-raised myself and folded to a very large re-raise.

Sorry, I misread the post and did not see you did bet out. My other comments about river action and whining still apply.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes capt you are a donk. Primarily for not betting the turn to prevent/charge for a 4th diamond coming, and secondarily for whining about not punishing a player when you are not sufficiently aggressive to do so, albeit in a situation where you were out of position. You should have bet the turn, and if you got no further action then so be it - this was an unraised small pot anyway, and a bet might just elicit a call from two overcards with one big diamond. In the situation as described, I would have min re-raised myself and folded to a very large re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($35) Q (3 players)
Hero bets $25, MP1 calls $25, Button folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line is fine.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]what the hell are you talking about?
Old 05-22-2005, 03:49 PM

anyone else advocate a min reraise / fold line on river?

But do you guys see my dilemma that being out of position sucks? How he can min-raise with a straight and get me to call with better hands and worse hands (most often having worse hands).
Old 05-22-2005, 07:58 PM

You should be folding worse hands to a min-reraise. Honestly, his hand is weaker than most donks who min-reraise.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:43 PM

He's being smart and raising rivers when you have marginal hands. That's not a dilemna, it's him playing well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Seriously, pop him hard with the nuts and pop him hard when your hand isn't good enough to show down but you're fairly certain he doesn't have the nuts or close to it to push him off a better hand.

topout