Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Default The three funniest things I\'d seen in a week all in one trip

Forgive me for this no content post but I'm relaxing and enjoying some Crown Royal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Last week I went to my local haunt with a couple of my regular buddies.

Funniest thing #3. A guy that is 50+ years old wearing a backward cap. I have no idea why this was as funny as it was, but I was laughing about it 2 hours after he left the table. A regular poor player, just the fact that he was in his mid 50s and wearing his cap backwards cracked me up.

Funny thing #2. The guy with the Party Poker VISOR. Not a cap, but a visor. I was not even aware that we were playing golf but I was wrong. He dumped about 50 bets into the table before leaving so I only chuckled behind his back.

Funniest thing #1. On the way there, on the outskirts to town, just past the titty bar was a guy in his 60s that was dancing as he walked up the sidewalk. Made me wish I had a camera.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: The three funniest things I\'d seen in a week all in one trip

Heh, funny stuff...
Since we're talking about old people making fools of themselves here's my 2 cents - about two years ago, a pretty hardcore concert (Hed(PE) and ICP headliners)and there's this CLEARLY senior citizen wearing an oldschool bball jersey, nothing else underneath (ie no t-shirt), guy's bone thin and in the mosh pit with 300 lb junior neo-nazi headbangers...
They all gave him props and noone would hit him, but it was one of the best (or worst, not sure) sights of all time.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, funny stuff...
Since we're talking about old people making fools of themselves here's my 2 cents - about two years ago, a pretty hardcore concert (Hed(PE) and ICP headliners)and there's this CLEARLY senior citizen wearing an oldschool bball jersey, nothing else underneath (ie no t-shirt), guy's bone thin and in the mosh pit with 300 lb junior neo-nazi headbangers...
They all gave him props and noone would hit him, but it was one of the best (or worst, not sure) sights of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not restrict it to old people, the guy with the PP visor was less than 30. Of course he did happen to sit in the second best table I have sat at, probably the worst if you are not used to a straddle every other hand, or if you are already running bad.

I generally do not condone making fun of people, unless they deserve it. Reminds me of the guy I saw that was playing some blackjack one night wearing the red "dogs playing poker" shirt. I think I was losing that night and I still managed to fall out of my chair laughing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 07:48 AM

There's a guy in one of my monthly spots who is 50_+ and wears the baseball cap backwards. It has always amazed me but I thought I was just being overly critical until I read your post. Let's face it, the look rots. It's just plain freakin creepy. If I showed up at the table wearing a diaper and sucking my thumb I wonder what the elderly sk8terboy would think.

Now the 60-year-old dancing up the sidewalk? If I were 60+, just came out of a titty bar and had managed to get some results "downstairs," I'd be dancing too.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:21 PM

60 yo dude dancing ? wish for a camera ... dude you should have been wishing for a wad of singles.... i am not sure where you go for tittie bar action but i thought i hit rock bottom when i saw a skany pregnant chick dancing .....but a 60 yo dude ouch that is tough times my friend....
Old 06-10-2005, 01:41 PM

Actually I've had essentially the same looks - Because I once played a 7-stud tournament at TStone (and tried sitting the spread limit H/L stud but got bored to tears) and was the youngest player in the tournament by around 40 years.
One of the dealers actually asked me before cards were dealt if I knew this wasn't a NL tournament.