Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 12-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Default I need energy...(pills)

I'm always tired because I'm a fat [censored] that doesn't do anything but try to make a living at poker therefore I have no energy what is a good pill that could help with this. I've tried alot but not many work and I never know how many to take because I'm also a tall [censored](6ft. 7in.) so I usually have to take more than the usual person. TIA.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: I need energy...(pills)

You could try to get off of your ass and go for a walk.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 AM

Ah yes, that would be the Make My Body Magically Feel Like I'm Fit And Healthy pills.

Seriously, your body's telling you there's a problem. Taking amphetamines or similar will only make it worse. You need three things: sleep, exercise, and healthy food.

Calling yourself names like fat, er, arse only demonstrates that you know you could be doing better. If playing poker is deteriorating you physically to the point that you can't function without drugs, then poker isn't the career for you.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:20 AM

The #1 thing that will make a person tired is digestion, your digestion energy accounts for almost 70% of all daily expended energy in the average person. Because you are fat it leads me to believe that you are eating too much and also eating [censored] that is clogging your intestines. You do the math, your eating [censored] and it's turning you in to [censored]. If you take pills to have energy you are just draning that little bit of energy your body is saving for things like breathing, organ functions like brain, heart etc and it will lead to serious accelerated aging of body tissues, heart attacks/stroke, cancer.

Hey, but i'm sure you don't wanna hear all that stuff, you just want drugs, try crystal meth and enjoy your addiction based lifestyle!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:46 PM

Even 20 minutes in the morning on a treadmill or something like that will boost your metabolism and help you with this feeling of dragging all the time.

Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep. Are you eating too much sugar and breads and not enoug proteins and fats? Simple carbs burn really fast and leave you with little reserve energy for later. Proteins and fats take longer to digest and give you a more sustained energy source.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:08 PM

I feel the love in these posts.

Seriously thought.

Eat organic foods, no chemicals. For me it makes me think better. I don't eat fast food, YUK!

Excerize even if its 20 mins a day 3x a week. This will create good chemicals in your body and make you feel better.

I suggest diet for you buddy, how you do it is up to you.

Pills? Forget it, they don't work without a side effect. Brain pills? Don't work its a joke. A pharmasist friend of mine did her master's thesis on these type of pills and they just dont do anything.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:17 PM

What you seek do not exist. Even IF you find something that helps increase your alertness and energy, your body will get used to it and the effects will diminish. Thereby, you will seek more and more until you have a heartattack.

Playing cards for a living does not constitute a lazyass life. Try living a little.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 PM

Eat healthier. Exercise.

Start slowly, it's ok to be gradual. Takes a long time, but it's not that hard.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:16 PM

Oh, and all the pills, ginseng, guarana, caffeine, coke, speed, etc, will work short term at best, but not in any long term or consistent way. Being exhausted from physical unhealthiness, I'd guess you'd start to feel more tired almost as soon you started taking them. Not gonna work.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:11 PM

antidepressants might help
there is also a pill for narcolepsy that will be more mainstream in a few years, cant think of the name offhand but it is not speed.
speed and coke will cause you way too many probelms and hsould be avoided.