Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 06:55 PM

Default I suck at closing

So when it comes to women, I am real good at getting and keeping attention. I never have a problem meeting someone while going out and getting it going good. But then by the end of the night I [censored] up at getting someone to come back with me and go home alone. For instance monday night i hooked up with some girl that was just turned 21 (a good thing indeed) but waited too long to make a move and she ended up getting sick. I didn't feel like dealing with that and bounced. Last night I ran into some girls who remembered me from middle school and spent awhile talking to them. One mentioned she wanted to get high, somehow I couldn't get the whole thing out that I had a joint at the house etc. etc. Plus I never seem to remember to ask for a phone number which is real dumb.

So anyway, anybody got any good suggestions on closing the deal. Not necessarily for the "lets go hook up" maneuvre but just the lets chill since the bar is closing.

p.s. I'm going to vegas next week and need a local person to help me out with some stuff, I promise to repay the favor with money, drinks, or a bottle of bourbon. PM me
Old 12-29-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: I suck at closing

Bring in the Wild Thing Mitch Williams
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 PM

"That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a [censored]. Good father? [censored] you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you [censored]? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."

Old 12-29-2005, 07:54 PM

One mentioned she wanted to get high, somehow I couldn't get the whole thing out that I had a joint at the house etc. etc

Dear god man. That's not 'not closing' that's not showing up to play.

Girl: "I want to get high."
You: "I have some weed at my place."
Old 12-29-2005, 07:58 PM

i know, i suck. what can i say.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:01 PM

i know, i suck. what can i say.

Can you say "I have some weed at my place?" or "You wanna go out sometime?" or "You wanna get outta here?" Cause if you're actually hitting it off with these girls, it doesn't take much more than that.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM

i more tend to run out of time and then its late, im drunk and [censored] ends up wrong.
I should be able to say that [censored], and hopefully i will tonight if this hangover ever goes away.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily for the "lets go hook up" maneuvre but just the lets chill since the bar is closing.

[/ QUOTE ]

"hey the bar is closing, but there's a party at my place."
Old 12-29-2005, 08:08 PM

Sounds like some part of you is afraid they'll say no. That you aren't learning anything from your standard first blush of success when starting the whole thing off talking to them, and carrying it over to the mid-game or endgame. If even succeeding makes you feel like you might be a failure, you've got problems.

Sometimes they say no. So what. It really doesn't hurt to ask. At least not unless you grind it into your soul. Find a way to put less emotion into just asking. It's too early to get all hyped up on the consequences of what's going down when you haven't even gotten her anywhere near the sack yet.

Are you afraid you're not nice enough of a guy, or worthwhile enough in some way, to ask without it coming off like a million to one shot? No matter how pretty they are, they've probably hung around with worse than you, and may just do so that very night. Try to be a lower pressure guy both to yourself and them, just someone who can let things succeed and be fun. Not a guy all full of consequences.

If they're hanging with you at all, they're already at least somewhat on your side and would like for you to succeed. How far, is up to the girl, but even that can change a lot depending on your charm. But basically It's just up to you not to blow it, and only the meanest, stupidest ones want to watch you self-destruct. Give them a fair chance to say yes. Enjoy yourself enough to be cool to be around, so just hanging around you in general seems like a fun idea. Then your asking her to go somewhere besides the bar, to your place, whatever, won't be such a heavy thing for either of you. Learn to be the guy who's relaxed and happy enough that if a girl says no it doesn't blow his ego or slow him down, and you'll get a lot more girls saying yes.

And you won't get in a funk about the ones who don't.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a [censored]. Good father? [censored] you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you [censored]? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."

[/ QUOTE ]

F'n awesome!!