Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Lets Talk Food

[ QUOTE ]
You have no taste buds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I just don't know where to go. I have been to 3 or 4 local places since I have been here, and while I think the pizza is good, IMHO it's nothing special.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have no taste buds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I just don't know where to go. I have been to 3 or 4 local places since I have been here, and while I think the pizza is good, IMHO it's nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

gino's east, giordano's, rosati's, aurelio's. Try at least 2 of these before saying that, and yes at least one of these is more famous and has better thin crust than deep dish.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have no taste buds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm talking deep dish pizza. Uno's, Lou Malnatti's, Gino's etc.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 AM

Well I feel you should focus on lean meats, nuts, greens, fruits, eat starches in deffinate moderation. Drink a gallon of water a day.

If something didnt exist 10,000 years ago, or it was never alive, you shouldn't eat it.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today I'd like to ask a question about why it seems that food tastes better from its place of origin rather than somewhere else. I'm taking about New York or Chicago style pizza, Mexican food, barbeque, pastries, everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Chicago, and I don't think there is anything special about the pizza. I think Pizza Hut is just as good as anything I have eaten from a local pizza place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-20-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today I'd like to ask a question about why it seems that food tastes better from its place of origin rather than somewhere else. I'm taking about New York or Chicago style pizza, Mexican food, barbeque, pastries, everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Chicago, and I don't think there is anything special about the pizza. I think Pizza Hut is just as good as anything I have eaten from a local pizza place.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First one I've seen that is absolutely deserving.

Gino's and Giordano's are [censored] mana from heaven disguised as sauce, cheese and bread.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I live in Boston and I will drive to NYC for the pizza or a hotdog from a cart.

[/ QUOTE ]
no you won't

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes I will. What would stop me? It's a 5 hour car ride, I've driven to DE to get laid, turn around and come back. That took 8 hours and 20 seconds .

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 12-20-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no you won't

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes I will. What would stop me? It's a 5 hour car ride, I've driven to DE to get laid, turn around and come back. That took 8 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you'd stop in New Haven after 2.5 hours. I'd take you to Pepe's on Wooster St and you'd forget New York had Italians...
Old 12-20-2005, 03:28 PM

The Pizza thing is not close, NY Pizza just flat out taste better then any place else. Even NJ and CT which are right next store are "Ok" slices but nothing to right home about. But in NYC the places that don't make a good slice usually go under while the ones that do can charge 3 dollars and everyone goes there.
Sbarro pizza seems to be the closest thing outside of NY that taste like NY style pizza.

But usually things that orignate in a place taste better there becasue, well they been there so long. Like BBQ in texas is outstanding from what I here. Theres nothing Like a Maryland crab cake either. The "locals" won't stand for stuff that doesnt taste authentic so the places that server the local cuisine have to measure up to a higher standard.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love hot dog cart hot dogs from NY, but if the OP is in SoCal, he can just mosey down to TJ for a better one than I've ever had in NY. TJ hot dogs are the [censored].