Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-16-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Is there a forum for affiliates?

[ QUOTE ]
i find it ironic that the ones who take advantage of this forum, are the ones trying to call us out....

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I think the question being asked by this thread is... Is it OK for an affiliate to post in this forum questions regarding marketing methods, ways to increase their business,etc... and is it OK for other affiliates to respond?

So, basically, is one of the purposes of this forum for affiliates to help affiliates, or is this forum only here to help players with affiliate/rakeback questions?

I think that an answer to this question would help to define this forums purpose! (and the answer should be added to the sticky) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 12:33 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

the purpose of this forum is to discuss anything rakeback or affiliate related. we have to find a balance between spam and information though. the only way we can afford to run this place is by advertising.

if an affiliate made a post about marketing methods, we would not delete such a thing, and would encourage that type of discussion, we want to be as hands off as possible, the forums content is determined by its posters.

this forum has a lot of interest in it from several different angles, and we get heat from them all, the sites, the affiliates, and the players. we dont want to curtail any discussion and actually we almost lost the forum because we wouldnt delete a thread....[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] go figure

the problem is the trash talking posts come from affiliates fighting for scraps and taking potshots at us.....maybe i shouldnt take the bait [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 12:43 PM

I agree that this forum is beneficial for affiliates. I'm a regular player and an affiliate and I have never complained about the forum. It's a sponsored forum and nobody tries to hide this fact. Besides Olback I haven't seen an overwhelming number of obviously annoying spam posts from affilates. From what I've seen the site has been primarily for the players to ask questions and affiliates to gain business by offering advice. Even if the advice does not directly profit the affiliate it is good business.

A site that is primarily for affiliates which the orginal poster inquired about would be focusing on helping affiliates gain business, start web-sites, build links, etc. I don't know if those kind of posts are welcome here or not. I've haven't seen any of them. This forum would be cluttered and confusing if they did exist so I think that type of discussion is better suited for exclusively poker affiliate business-type forums, many of which have been linked in this post.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:05 PM

ok - let's see if there is any interest in affiliate discussion.
I started a thread here
Old 12-18-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you advertise here, you have more freedom to post about your programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an advertiser here and i was curious exactly what you meant by this?

If for example i have some important news regarding my site i.e a freeroll for visitors or something can that be posted here?

Exactly what information can be posted about our programs?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:22 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

you take advantage of this to the extreme. you post in every single thread, stating that you have a directory and people can look at it. that is spam in any other forum.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the purpose of this forum is to discuss anything rakeback or affiliate related. we have to find a balance between spam and information though. the only way we can afford to run this place is by advertising.

if an affiliate made a post about marketing methods, we would not delete such a thing, and would encourage that type of discussion, we want to be as hands off as possible, the forums content is determined by its posters.

this forum has a lot of interest in it from several different angles, and we get heat from them all, the sites, the affiliates, and the players. we dont want to curtail any discussion and actually we almost lost the forum because we wouldnt delete a thread....[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] go figure

the problem is the trash talking posts come from affiliates fighting for scraps and taking potshots at us.....maybe i shouldnt take the bait [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't count the number of times i saw a thread here i liked, saved the link only to comeback the next day to have all traces of it gone...none of the other forums i visit on 2+2 operate in that way

i saw a post about how many people get rakeback at a specific site...it was a poll, it got a ton of hits and the next day the OP was deleted...why?

i just find this sponsoship/censorship a little bit outside of the 2+2 way.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:06 PM

I was just asking a question and i do not see why i am being attacked for asking that question. I am just curious what exactly you meant by 'can post more information on your program here'.

All i am trying to do is answer peoples questions. If they ask about Party rakeback i explain that it can be found under the table or you can join a program like the snowball scheme etc. I am just trying to help people out and lead them in the right direction. If you wish to edit or the posts then please feel free to do so. I am not meaning to spam simply to answer peoples questions on the forum as some of the posts i have answered i am the only one who is answering them. I feel that i am making a postive contribution to the forum.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.....if you sign up under me, I give free poker lessons (confirmed by pp to be allowed, and my stats are 5.24 ptbb/100 after over 200K hands at NL 400 and NL 600, and right now 3.4 ptbb/100 at NL1K after 50K hands). That's what I recomend people look for instead of looking for RB on pp. ALSO, if you currently have a pp account I can't help you on pp, it's against their rules and I don't break them, BUT I am an affiliate for pokerroom and tilt and hollywood etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the strategy you speak of? Looks like a spam to me, or am i missing something? i dont see any mention of how does this strategy work, it seems more like free self promotion to me.

We encourage any affiliate discussion, blatant spam and self promotion is a different matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

you took that out of context. Someone asked if there was a way to get free/cheap lessons. And i told them there are many, in fact I offer one of those ways. How is it spam when he asked for an example?
Old 12-18-2005, 09:30 PM

This is a good example of why this forum is badly run. Why is this a public conversation?