Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

HEY NO OFFENSE CHUDDO BUT I DON'T KNOW YOU AT ALL I'M NOT SURE IF I FEEL COMFORTABLE THAT YOU'RE IN CHARGE. IF YOU GUYS WANNA ESCROW ME MONEY AND I'LL HOLD ON TO HALF OF THE PRIZE POOL THAT COULD WORK TOO. I'VE DONE TRANSFERS WITH A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT FORUM REGULARS FOR UP TO AROUND 20K OR SO (STRASSA, AZK, DURRR, THEBADGUY TO NAME A FEW)
Old 11-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Ok, sounds good.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:22 PM

diablo:

i agree on your 1st point, and think it will be changed to allow for rebuying at any point, as long as it does not exceed 300 BBs total (or 400 for semis and 500 for final).

the 2nd point not so much on. i am willing to run everything and make sure everything goes smoothly, but to do so i would like to have the prize pool under me as well, as it will prevent any headaches in making sure people are compensated. it would just make it easier for me. "oh you finished 8th? here is your 700". "got 2nd? here ill transfer your 12k"

stoxtrader, i am sure there will be sufficient room for you.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:26 PM

splitting up the prize pool to be escrowed to various members would work as well.

but in the off tiny chance someone did screw someone, that would kind of leave me F'd as well. so i am not going to risk myself being attached to someone else screwing someone.

if other parties want to take over the whole thing and handle it however they wish, that is fine with me.

but i do wish to run it, but i am only going to be comfortable if only i am personally responsible.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if other parties want to take over the whole thing and handle it however they wish, that is fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]I'll run it and split up the holding $ with some other guys.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:32 PM

48k is a lot of money to entrust to one person.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Chuddo,

I understand that it is easier for you that way. However, it is also the only way for you to decide to say "f this joint" and take off $50k richer. Not saying you would do that, but I've seen far more unlikely things happen over far less money.

I would be more in favor of something like all participants sending you $50 and you coordinating transfers (ML4L, send $700 to TBG and $800 to Zeebo) as rounds finish. This way, you would basically get a free buyin to the tourney, and $1500 seems to me like a nice chunk of change for organizing this. Maybe that's too much or too little, I dunno, others can comment on that, I was just throwing out a general idea.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but in the off tiny chance someone did screw someone, that would kind of leave me F'd as well. so i am not going to risk myself being attached to someone else screwing someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man, be reasonable here. When TBG says "f all you guys, I am not transferring $1500 to anyone this was RIGGED MAN RIGGED" everyone gets paid 3% less. Nobody would be looking for you to make up that $1500, chuddo.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:37 PM

$1500 for organising this? Are you kidding? The kid sits at home all day in the hot tub as it is.

Anyway, if Diablo has time he is a more suitable 'name' that people would feel happy sending money too. Or, I'm also fine with everyone keeping hold of their money until the end then Chuddo co-ordinating the transfers. This is conditional on there being no idiots in the tourney who I don't trust.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll run it and split up the holding $

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant to say:

[ QUOTE ]
I'll run it, hold the $, and split

[/ QUOTE ]

ML4L