Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is Hotter
Jessica Simpson 142 46.56%
Kate Beckinsale 163 53.44%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM

Default QQ flopped set, draw heavy board, Cap fest

Friendly home game. 2/4 limit, 5 players.

Villain 1 is drunk, loose, and likes action.
Villain 2 has been getting chased down and is steaming.

I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raise UTG
Villain 1 (button) 3-bets, Villain 2 (BB) calls, I cap, both call. (12 SB)

Flop:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me. I bet, Villain 1 raises, Villain 2 calls, I 3-bet, Villain 1 caps, call, call. (24 SB)

Villain 1 says something like "you guys are way behind..."

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me. I bet, Villain 1 raises, Villain 2 3-bets (he rattles his chips as he bets)...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Result

Turn got itself capped and I called with the intention of calling at least one bet on the river UI if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] didn't hit.

River was the case Q. I play goot.

Villain 1 said he had a busted flush draw, Villain 2 had AKo and got chased down again, blowing up at me in the process, saying that I made a "terrible call" on the turn.

I told him I thought my quad draw was live. That went over well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Result

[ QUOTE ]
Villain 2 had AKo and got chased down again, blowing up at me in the process, saying that I made a "terrible call" on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain 2 is a moron. He called a flop cap with dead overcards and 3 clean outs.

At what point on the turn (getting 15:1 to call his 3-bet and then something ~33:1 to call a cap) did he think you should fold?

Tom
Old 10-24-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: QQ flopped set, draw heavy board, Cap fest

I voted other because im willing to put one bet in on the river UI against this lineup.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Result

seat change, you don't want to catch being a moron sitting so close to villain 2.

people are so stupid sometime

real hand from foxwoods 10/20:

it's three or four handed after a preflop raise, flop is QJx with one [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], EP bets, MP raises, button calls two cold, EP calls. Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and checks through. river is another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and button drags the pot with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and starts getting smug with MP about giving him a free card. MP says "you're not folding the flush draw on the turn" and button is adamant that he folds the turn for one bet, saying "i'm not like one of those guys that will keep drawing all the way down"