Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Party Did The Right Thing

Haha, I am going to get flamed to death for saying this, but Party did the right thing, (at least for themselves).

Don’t get me wrong, it sucks. But how many players getting rakeback on the skins were originally on Party and set up another account? Technically this is breaking their T&C, and is taking money illegitimately from Party. (Like they need it).

Setting up a skin account and pulling rakeback Party no longer gets, and then crying when Party figures out a way to eliminate the circumvention is like breaking into a house and getting pissed off when the owner clubs you over the head. Too damn bad. (Only referring to those originally with a Party account.)

You think this is going to hurt Party? Go look at how many people are on Empire right now on a Saturday night. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

All Party did was force back about 25% of the money they were losing. As much as we hate it, from their perspective, they did the right thing. Now we have to adjust.

Let the flaming commence [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Party Did The Right Thing

[ QUOTE ]
like breaking into a house and getting pissed off when the owner clubs you over the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens, you can sue the owner.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 PM

Instead of them getting $1,700 month from me ($2500 rake-$700 rakeback), they now get ZERO

Net of minus $1,700/month or $20,400 per year lost. ok how is that good for them?

We are not forced back to Party, there are other options out there.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 PM

You were armed and came in by force [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:58 PM

Many will go back to Party, they will be foolish not to...
Old 10-08-2005, 10:59 PM

i have to disagree with all the people saying this is going to be good for party. party's market share has been dropping. now it will just drop further. i am sure it will be profitable still but i definitely see pokerstars taking charge now.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:59 PM

They hope you cave in and follow the fishies to Party and pay $2500 instead of $1700.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of them getting $1,700 month from me ($2500 rake-$700 rakeback), they now get ZERO

Net of minus $1,700/month or $20,400 per year lost. ok how is that good for them?

We are not forced back to Party, there are other options out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

They lost me as well, unless there is a way to get rakeback through party after the dust clears. I can imagine the thousands of players on the party skins that will no longer play with party and we are talking about the hardcore players that generate tons of rake.

They will not go broke, but i think this is a negative move for them unless there is a way to get party rakeback.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:02 PM

Mid-High stakes players get the shaft much more than that. I hope party's stock price doesnt get any better a month from now and it actually goes down. I for one will be going to Bodog's simply because I feel this move they are pulling here is out of spite. Sort of a "Fine you dont wanna play on our site, we'll force you to by taking away the fish". They can go f*ck themselves.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They lost me as well, unless there is a way to get rakeback through party after the dust clears. I can imagine the thousands of players on the party skins that will no longer play with party and we are talking about the hardcore players that generate tons of rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that there are thousands of "good" players out there that will fare better getting 28% of a 5% rake in a rock garden vs. giving up the full 5% at the fishy tables at Party?