Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Hmm River Decision...

You have to bet this flop. I wouldn't try a check-raise here simply because the board is pretty scary and the preflop raiser might not bet because of it. And giving away a free card with a low flush like that is really, really bad. Your hand is going to be good by the river most of the time here; charge them for trying to catch their higher flushes!

I think the river is pretty close between calling and raising. I would probably raise since SB is there in the hand and it seems quite certain he is behind. Looks like the Button has a big hand but is scared of the 4th heart. I don't know what he is thinking you have though given that you raised the turn.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:48 AM

just a note to n00bs:

when you have a 2 card flush, i NEVER put someone else on a flush draw. It's just too rare, and you'll win more when they DONT than you'll lose the few times that they DO. That said, 3 bet this mofo. For each time you lose to a higher you'll win with a flush much more.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:49 AM

your flop c/r attempt is disgusting. You figure to have the best hand on the flop, but another heart and you're screwed. A, K, Q or hearts, and more if they are fish, aren't folding to even 2 bets cold. Just bet the flop and make them pay if they are trying to draw out on you.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you have a 2 card flush, i NEVER put someone else on a flush draw. It's just too rare, and you'll win more when they DONT than you'll lose the few times that they DO. That said, 3 bet this mofo. For each time you lose to a higher you'll win with a flush much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under normal circumstances I NEVER give credit to higher frushes/sets...something about this hand seemed different though...
Old 08-16-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just a note to n00bs:

[/ QUOTE ]
It's rare, but you also have to think that the Button sees the same board you do. He saw 2 players bet and raise into him on the turn, and he still waited for the river to raise. He doesn't seem to be afraid of the flush.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 AM

I think you have to bet this flop. A monochrome board often scares the PFR into checking.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's rare, but you also have to think that the Button sees the same board you do. He saw 2 players bet and raise into him on the turn, and he still waited for the river to raise. He doesn't seem to be afraid of the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would he? No one has been representing it. Just because the flop comes monotone does not mean someone flopped the flush (and people love to go wacky with one-card flush draws).

-K
Old 08-16-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just a note to n00bs:

[/ QUOTE ]

This has not been my experience. My low flushes get run over with wild abandon. I am willing to chalk this up to sample size. But if you think your flush is beat, you might be right. Proceed with caution.

Though, in this hand, I would expect to see your steamer with a strait on the river. Jam the pot.

-D
Old 08-16-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just a note to n00bs:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but especially at this level I dont worry. I get excited if i hit my draw on the river (tripss, 2 pair, straight, etc.) and often times don't even notice that it completed a flush/some other draw.

For this example they may have been careful w/ a set/2pair until the river for fear of a 4th flush card. Only when I see a paired board and some action to I start to think 'showdown' instead of 'take their $'
Old 08-16-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just a note to n00bs:

[/ QUOTE ]

This has not been my experience. My low flushes get run over with wild abandon. I am willing to chalk this up to sample size. But if you think your flush is beat, you might be right. Proceed with caution.

Though, in this hand, I would expect to see your steamer with a strait on the river. Jam the pot.

-D

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Ive been busy w/ MCAT studying but once that is over this week ill make a search for a post i had a few months prior when i asked the same question- basically how often is my flush beat by another flush. the conclusion was not often enough to prevent you from jamming the pot - unles there is a straight flush possibility or a paired board (boat maybe).

I think it's just sampele size. Or, are you playing below .50/1? it's possible that people play any 2 suited there more than they do at say 2/4 and 3/6.