Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-15-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Hmm River Decision...

Button and SB have been bitching at each other for a few orbits now, lots of action between the two. I'm not running PT, but I'd say theyre pretty average, unremarkable 6max players(aka terrible).

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Failed C/R attempt...I figured SB would call and maybe raise a bet from the button with any piece of the board, allowing me to get a few extra bets in

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Standard

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero...

What the [censored]? What would you do? Why? What range of hands do you put button on?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Hmm River Decision...

He could have 99 or QQ and was waiting for the 4th heart to not fall, but he could also have AJs or AKs and he's on the ultimate slowplay. It's unlikely, but he could possibly have 77 or 55. The SB's call makes me really want to 3-bet here and get another bet from him, but getting capped is going to make me cry a little inside. I think it's close but I'm calling.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:29 PM

He's on tilt pissed off at button, the world and now you for raising him when he was c/ring his Q.

Bet yer eyeballz out.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored]? What would you do? Why? What range of hands do you put button on?

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight, a set, two pair, a Quiznos sandwich, lots of things. He almost certainly does not have the higher flush, though.

Raise! I hate to be going "look you have a flush, lol raise"... but you do. If he has a higher flush, he played it like crap.

-K
Old 08-15-2005, 11:39 PM

Raise.

I put the button on 55. With one limper, it's not unreasonable to raise a small pair pf on the button. I'd put SB on TPWK or 2 pair.

It would really be weird for buttonn to slow play a higher flush on both the flop and the river.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:44 PM

I'd 3-bet then take a bite out of button's Quiznos sammich.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:44 PM

Would button call two bets w/ 55 on the turn?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:45 PM

Hey I tend to bet these flops since my hand really minds a check through.

When I have 77 on a Q72 board, it sucks that I missed a value check/raise, but I'm not worried about a turn card that can kill my hand. Similar comments apply to a hand like A5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on a J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop. Getting a free card here is fine, though it would be nice to get some more value from my hand.

Your hand is one that needs to be bet. If you had Q9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you should be betting here as well. You can't afford to have it go through. Of course you go for 3-bet if anyone raises or check/raises.

Brad
Old 08-15-2005, 11:47 PM

Interesting hand. I think you have to raise this river. I don't think either is going to slowplay a flush here so you definitely have the best hand. I see the button's pfr as more of an attack on the SB than a good hand most of the time. I don't see any reason to slow down but maybe I'm missing something.

Durs
Old 08-16-2005, 12:18 AM

Sure. Ive seen worse. Usually when they suck out on the river to beat me. Remember the read was "Terrible", and probably on Tilt.