Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Flop Decision: 65s

Why did you bet the flop????
Old 07-16-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting immediately into the preflop raiser with a vulnerable hand, expecting the PFR to raise, you're able to face the field with calling two cold. This will often get rid of those pesky overcards.

Not to mention, in micro-limits, your fives might very well be good and a bet is for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Turn Action

I like a donkbet hoping to 3bet. My reason is because when I see this line taken by the villian, my first reaction is to raise the "idiot". I like to take advantage of that feeling in others [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

-Jaran
Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 PM

Donk it.

The reason why we bet the flop is because we are putting villain on overs. If this is the case, he is very likely to check the turn to take a free card, and button, being a LP, is likely to check it right behind. Thus, we should bet here to avoid missing value. Also, if he has a high PP, he might raise, allowing us to 3bet, whereas a check/raise looks more like a monster than a donkbet, losing us an extra BB.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:57 PM

Why are you counting his chances to win the hand by the RIVER? If you do that, you have to account for the bets he will have to pay on the turn...right? I'd just count my outs and just see my odds to make the hand by the turn and bet/call based on that. I am just starting to understand this part though so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:46 PM

I don't think the three bet does anything for you. It wouldn't be for value, and you can't really get rid of anybody. I call.

C/R any turn that helps: 5,6,4, spade.

Since you're obviously not folding the flop, what's your plan if the turn completely bricks? That's what I'm curious about.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:46 PM

Go ahead and read the other responses regarding the pros/cons of 3betting, I think you'll be suprised by some of the posts. As for a brick on the turn, the pot will be laying me between 7 and 8:1 depending on the buttons action (He's an idiot,so I expect him to call), so I check/call and cross my fingers for a nice river.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 PM

First off, I still like a Turn bet if we improve. It's just the sort of donkish move that will give us good results. When we CR we:

A: Risk the possibility of it getting checked through.(Remember, we did say that it was possible we had the best hand if UTG was betting UI overs)
B: Alert the table to the strength of our hand, and with 4 to a flush and/ or a paired board, they will likely slow down or fold altogether.
C: Betting out may get more value out of the hand. If UTG decides to raise us again we may be able to trap everyone for 3 bets, or possibly get the Turn capped. Button has already shown his willingness to cold-call raises, and if he doesn't then we truly haven't lost that much given our ability to 3-bet. I think the the Loss/Reward ratio is in favor of betting out.

Your right about the Turn, I don't know what I was thinking. Your getting good odds and your situation is greatly improved because you are no longer subject to redraws.

Just to round this little discussion out, after your check-call on the Turn, If the River bricks, (not many left for the deck to throw) whats your plan for the River when your being offered 11-1?

Crying Call? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

(kind of see now why Entity was in favor of Open Folding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 07-16-2005, 11:53 PM

If the turn and river were both bricks, and UTG comes out swining again, I dont see how I could be good 1 in 11 times, therefore I muck.

BTW, when did Entity recommend open folding, am I missing something?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the turn and river were both bricks, and UTG comes out swining again, I dont see how I could be good 1 in 11 times, therefore I muck.

BTW, when did Entity recommend open folding, am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong hand sorry. There was another hand with a preflop aggressor and hero flopped mid pair, it all runs together man. LOL

All work and no Play makes Nfinity a dull boy
All work and no Play makes Nfinity a dull boy
All work and no Play...