Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Flop Decision: 65s

Edit: UTGs first orbit and Button is very donkish

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero...

Whats my line? Call
or 3bet?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Flop Decision: 65s

(I'm addicted to grunching [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

What's a 3-bet going to do for you here? No one's folding and it's not for value. I just call and await to be schooled by more experienced 2+2ers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 01:48 AM

im not very good at 6max but i would call and checkraise on a five, six, or four, but bet on a spade.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:50 AM

Call. You're building a nice pot for when your str8 comes in.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:04 AM

Considering that I "might" have the best hand and I have &gt;10 outs to improve(2-5's, 3-6's, 4-4's, as well as a backdoor flush draw), I think theres value in a 3bet.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:25 AM

This is a good hand discussion people.

Please get involved in hands more like this and less of "Did I play this AA correctly?"
Old 07-15-2005, 02:37 AM

I think you are overvaluing your 6s a bit much, especially with a donkish Button. Maybe subtract 1 out from it for the times he'll make a straight when you make two pair. Yeah its unlikely in 6 max with 3 people in, but you need to discount an out or so here with such draws (low back door flush, two pair which makes 4 to a straight, etc.)

I'm torn on if I 3 bet here or not. UTG being an unknown makes this more difficult, since we don't know if he has a tendency to overplay his overcards short handed. I'm almost tempted to donk bet him on a safe turn or a spade turn, and then do the same if we hit our draw on the river if he raises the turn.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:37 AM

Well, let's go through it. 1.5 outs for the backdoor flush draw. 4 outs for the fours in the deck, but I like to discount that by an out, on the chance that you'll have to split the pot with another six, so we'll say 3. Spiking one of the 2 remaining fives will probably be good enough. Spiking one of the 3 remaining sixes will sometimes be good enough, but you still have to worry about a four, so let's say 2 outs for the sixes. (I know, I'm not being very generous.)

1.5 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 8.5

With 8.5 outs, you're almost exactly 2:1 to make a winning hand by the river. The problem is that several of the hands you make are vulnerable to redraws, so I don't think you win 33% of the time here -- I think it's closer to 28% or 29%. As such, I don't think you have the equity to raise.

Yes, I'm assuming you're behind, which is not necessarily the case, but with two other people in the hand, your pair of fives is relatively easy to draw out on, so I think it's a reasonable assumption that a good amount of the time, you'll need to improve to win.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 AM

Tell me why a flop bet is good, microers.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:45 AM

Betting immediately into the preflop raiser with a vulnerable hand, expecting the PFR to raise, you're able to face the field with calling two cold. This will often get rid of those pesky overcards.

Not to mention, in micro-limits, your fives might very well be good and a bet is for value. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]