Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Weak fold?

Donīt know much about UTG.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB
Old 10-02-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Weak fold?

I think you made a good fold. If you have some kind a backdoor draw I would take one off, but in this spot I think a fold is correct.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:43 PM

First of all, you gotta raise preflop there. Folding might be better than calling.

UTG had no intention of checkraising this flop (he was one off the button)...he only did it because you folded the blinds and he saw a chance to win. Maybe he had outs but you were ahead of almost any hand he could have.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:06 PM

Raise preflop. Given that you limped, I would still call the hand down, especially since you dont have any player info. You cant start laying down top pair in this game in spots like that just because he showed a little aggresion on the flop, even though the pot is small. Call and bet if checked to.