Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: why \"The Producers\" sucks balls

[ QUOTE ]
Ironically it's the film's only funny song that sheds some light on what went wrong-
ROGER: Shows should be more pretty
Shows should be more witty
Shows should be more...
What's the word?
LEO: Gay?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the movie already has Nathan Lane in it, so I'm not sure how much gayer it could get.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never walked out of a movie until tonight. The original is hilarious but this new one has some problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, wrong. The origional was utterly horrible, it was the only Brooks film to be recieved so baddly. Thats why he wanted to take another shot at it, but this time on Broadway. I never saw it, but I hear it worked very well on the stage. The remake of the film doesn't look that good however, should have kept it on a stage I guess.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 AM

The original had some problems, but it was far from horrible. You have to do a whole lot to pass over the brilliance of Wilder, Mostel, and the rest of the cast.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The original had some problems, but it was far from horrible. You have to do a whole lot to pass over the brilliance of Wilder, Mostel, and the rest of the cast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The original is considered one of the best comedy films of all-time.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:29 AM

The original is a great comedy. The only people I've ever known who've seen it, but don't really get it are all girls.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:31 AM

The thought just came to me that if you don't love Zero Mostel after seeing this film, I don't like you. And if you don't love Gene Wilder, I fear you.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:35 AM

Not liking Zero Mostel in "The Producers" is like not liking Marty Feldman in "Young Frankenstein". Blasphemous.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never walked out of a movie until tonight. The original is hilarious but this new one has some problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, wrong. The origional was utterly horrible, it was the only Brooks film to be recieved so baddly. Thats why he wanted to take another shot at it, but this time on Broadway. I never saw it, but I hear it worked very well on the stage. The remake of the film doesn't look that good however, should have kept it on a stage I guess.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was so horrible that Mel Brooks received an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really didn't understand why they remade this to begin with (of course I understand money, but besides that). The original was great. It would almost be like remaking Blazzing Saddles. Just no point. I did have pretty high hopes that this would be a good rental though. I saw it on Broadway with Brokerick/Lane and it was fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was remade because the play do so good for over 4 years now. I saw the play before it opened on Broadway in Chicago with Lane and Mr. Jessica-Parker, it was awsome. So, retards in Hollywood that have little creativity make a play a movie.

That is recipe for crap. Plays are not good movies 84% of the time. But, that is why the remade the movie.

In all, remaking any movie staring Wilder is a bad idea (Charlie and the CF, Blazing Saddles, ect.). Lane and Matty do a great job live, but I don't see this translating to a good movie. It will be in the category of the remake of the In-laws, another mother that NEVER should have been redone.