Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-13-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Raleigh-Durham info please

I was about to say that turnip is your man (helped me out a ton) but he got to you first. I would just say that Raleigh is a really nice town (rated by someone as being top 5 in the country to live in) and there is a lot of public work being done to clean up downtown. Looked like a really nice place to raise a family. Gets WAY too hot in the summer, though. I'm from MA, too, and I'd take shoveling over sweat rolling down my ass any day.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM

If the Warden didn't have to go to work, I doubt she'd set foot outside between November and June. I acutally like winter, in a way.

Lots of details to work out before this gets done (selling the house, buying a new one, moving, etc...). We don't have kids, so that makes it easier. Still would be a rough move though. We shall see.

I PM'ed turnip with the address of the company. It's smack between Raleigh and Durham, just west of the airport. I would love a commute of 40 minutes or less.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's smack between Raleigh and Durham, just west of the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rush hour commute on that part of I-40 is horrible. Depending on what you are looking for, consider places in Raleigh near I-540 (the outer loop) as you should be able to find a lot of places closer than 40 minutes. Morrisville and Cary aren't far from there, but many people commute from the park area to both of these.

Wake Forest is about 18-20 miles (much of it I540) from there, and I don't think the traffic is bad on much of the route, but I'm rarely out that way during rush hour.

Sounds like you're getting some good advice, but feel free to PM me if I can add anything.