Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:03 AM

Default 55 peel?

This is from a 10/20 game but my winky isn't big enough to post in the other forum. I like you guys better anyhow. Again, apologies for not having the HH on this machine.

CO is steaming away chips. Since I sat down roughly 100 hands ago, I've seen his stack go from ~750 all the way down to 100. He's in maniac/bully/monkeytilt mode.

HJ is the best player at the table, way better than me. He plays 25/15 ish (just 300 hands though) but has slowed down since CO has been erupting.

edit: I'm on the button.

Hero has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop:
UTG folds, HJ limps, CO raises, I call, blinds fold, HJ calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG bets, CO calls, Hero peels

I wanted to 3 bet pf but I was escared of HJ. I also wanted to raise the flop but chickened out. Could I have wussed out any more here?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: 55 peel?

if HJ is good pf, what do you think he is open limping in with. I think I 3bet pf to isolate the maniac.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:12 AM

I 3-bet preflop ridiculuously easily. Once the CO calls, I think raising the flop gives HJ's 3-bet much more credence so you can safely fold the turn if you don't improve.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if HJ is good pf, what do you think he is opened limping in with. I think I 3bet pf to isolate the maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has any playable hand. He's been limping a lot and letting the maniac bet for him. I have no excuse for coldcalling pf. I did have an idea for the turn.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 AM

easy 3bet PF, isolate the maniac, HJ must be a donkey if they openlimp.

I raise the flop here.

your post says UTG not HJ led the flop, may want to re-edit.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:36 AM

Woops. Yes, HJ led the flop. Yet another rookie mistake.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Turn

I posted this hand because I played it poorly, and got myself in a tricky spot because of my bad play. I knew I should have 3-bet pf, raised the flop, and folded the turn to a bet from HJ UI. Space aliens must have siezed control of my hand and forced me to click the call button.

So, recognizing my dumb play to this point, I decided that I could recoup if I improve on the turn or if no scare cards hit the turn.

The turn:[ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
HJ bets, CO calls, Hero raises....

Thoughts? Should I take up cribbage?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Turn

nice card for 55, if you are behind to a J, you have a lot of outs, as i reckon 2's and 7's aren't *really* likely to be out (unless CO really is tilting).

I like the turn raise. If 3-bet by HJ, call and c/f any non-2,7,5 river. If 3-bet by CO (call/3bet??) then reassess, although i'd ascribe it to tilt perhaps.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice card for 55, if you are behind to a J, you have a lot of outs, as i reckon 2's and 7's aren't *really* likely to be out (unless CO really is tilting).

I like the turn raise. If 3-bet by HJ, call and c/f any non-2,7,5 river. If 3-bet by CO (call/3bet??) then reassess, although i'd ascribe it to tilt perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 12-01-2005, 11:45 AM

damn, I'm running goot on the forums today :P