Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: KK - fold this?

I'm guessing CS means calling station. Always a good note to see next to players at your table.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree this is WA/WB from the start. Check behind on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think I've ever considered checking in position in this type of situation. if he calls our flop bet, I can see checking behind the turn and then picking off a bluff on the river, but I just can't see myself checking behind KK on the flop, heads up and in position. any flop.

do you want to check behind on the turn too??
Old 11-29-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call down, i never fold a PP heads up unless i see the other dudes cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a leak.

I think it's +EV to fold this, but it's very player dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope it's not a leak. in this instance folding might be a good option considing he 3bet us and c/r the A high flop. However I'd do the same with a bunch of hands that dont have an A. If we had 88 and the board had a 9 are you folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a terrible example. Obviously there are a lot more hands that villian three bets us w/ an ace than w/ a nine. Not only that, Villian is 65/5/1.(something..i forget), you have to be good around 25% of the time....I don't think you are.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:30 PM

I folded, but now I question my decision.

Three orbits later I picked up 88 on the button and the Villain 3-bet me again. Folded back to me and I capped.

Flop was again A high, but it also contained a beautiful 8. Villain c/r'ed me on the flop again, called the 3-bet, then led the turn, called the turn raise, and called down on the river.... with pocket 33.

So I'm second guessing the KK laydown against this guy. Maybe he had me beat, but it sure seems like he was just grumpy about my button raises.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded, but now I question my decision.

Three orbits later I picked up 88 on the button and the Villain 3-bet me again. Folded back to me and I capped.

Flop was again A high, but it also contained a beautiful 8. Villain c/r'ed me on the flop again, called the 3-bet, then led the turn, called the turn raise, and called down on the river.... with pocket 33.

So I'm second guessing the KK laydown against this guy. Maybe he had me beat, but it sure seems like he was just grumpy about my button raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

seeeeee? c/r the flop means he doesn't have an ace. i was right (hopefully) in this case. don't fold you silly punks!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call down, i never fold a PP heads up unless i see the other dudes cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a leak.

I think it's +EV to fold this, but it's very player dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope it's not a leak. in this instance folding might be a good option considing he 3bet us and c/r the A high flop. However I'd do the same with a bunch of hands that dont have an A. If we had 88 and the board had a 9 are you folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a terrible example. Obviously there are a lot more hands that villian three bets us w/ an ace than w/ a nine. Not only that, Villian is 65/5/1.(something..i forget), you have to be good around 25% of the time....I don't think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. his aggression factor was never mentioned in the original post
2. those 2 nines are great to see as far as i'm concerned
3. if we laid down every hand to aggression when we didnt have top pair we'd all be losing poker players- you think villian ONLY c/r this flop with the ace? Especially if he thinks hero is taking shots at home or capable of folding he would likely c/r with anything if he can get us to fold if we dont have an A and 3bet if we do (thus he can fold).

Now, if we're check raised in a protected pot, it's more likely villian has a hand. But heads up no way man.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe consider checking behind on the flop. Imo its WA/WB from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not against this player, 65 VPIP, calling station. Value bet all the way through.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r the flop means he doesn't have an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

smooth calling just seems so strange here after the c/r though, especially with this guy's stats. Goes to show that we need to adjust when players get tilty.

edit: cue captain obvious.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/r the flop means he doesn't have an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

smooth calling just seems so strange here after the c/r though, especially with this guy's stats. Goes to show that we need to adjust when players get tilty.

edit: cue captain obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

not just 'tilty' but heads up as well. i cannot believe people are advocating a fold here heads up to this flop action.