Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Job Guilt Problem

who in your company is aware that you have been interviewing? any chance this is a preemptive measure?

oh and you are definitely under no obligation to keep working there.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:18 PM

Why not use this as an opportunity to discuss your future with this firm? They have in essence opened the door to re-negotiate your current job responsibilities, possible promotions, and salary considerations.

If you have been contributing to a 401k plan and the company has been matching, you may want to look into the vesting portion of the plan. Most companies require working a specific period of time to be vested—they prorate your vested portion.

[ QUOTE ]

He takes me aside and hands me a large bonus check (unheard of at this firm unless you're a VP, which I am not). He says that I have been identified as one of the key contributors, blah, blah, and the board authorized the bonus for only a handful of employees.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2005, 04:29 PM

I think the comparisons to wall street are a little off, at those firms most people get a bonus of some size during an annual bonus period, whereas in kilgores case bonuses are not regular for people like him and it is not something which is expected or part of standard practice.

thats a nit point though, kilgore you can leave as soon as it hits your account. as people have said, its a bonus for what you have been doing for past work, not a contract for the next 2 years or whatever.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM

More props for OOT (4_2_it in particular): I called the recruiter and told him about it. He's going to convey the info to the new outfit, since he believes my current compensation was understated during the interview process, given the recent bonus. Who knows, perhaps this will lead to more scratch for the Trout household.

OOT ROCKS!