Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your risk of ruin, expressed in percentage terms?
I know my RoR exactly and I have recently made bankroll and play adjustments to reduce my RoR. 7 9.33%
I have studied this intensely and I know my RoR exactly 9 12.00%
I think it's around 5% for me 6 8.00%
I know what it means but I never attempt to calculate it 39 52.00%
I dont know the definition of this term 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Dannenmann

What are all the Dannenmann detractors basing their opinions on? Ok, he should have gotten away from his top pair against Hachem's straight, and he spewed chips to Lederer earlier on. Aside from those two incorrect reads, though, how exactly did he play badly? To me, Lazar's play was definitely more questionable (Steve wouldn't have tilted like that), and Kanter's probably was too.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Least likely to make WSOP final table again

I think all of them played masterfully. In fact, I will never say a harsh word about any player portrayed on television every again. I've learned my lesson as we don't want to offend them. That being said, Kanter played like a donkey and gets my vote.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:26 PM

Lazar is back to binge drinking so I'll go with him.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, the mostly likely event is that NONE of these 9 men ever make the main event final table again.

Since the poll is really asking "who do you think, based on a small and extremely biases sample of hands, is the worst player of this group", I voted for Lazar.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, the question asked about "any WSOP event."
Old 11-28-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that posts like this, posts calling people coke heads, posts about well, basically all that stupid non poker crap, should be locked pretty quick. but i took a shower today, so i don't count.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the end of this forum pretty quickly. (The pointless posts, not your shower.)
Old 11-28-2005, 05:11 PM

I saw no point in voting in a meaningless poll (I didn't vote for Bush or Kerry either), but seeing it made me think of Black as the least likely to be heard from again. After all the trauma to his kharma in the WSOP, he is likely to re-retire to years of meditation in a Tibetan temple. By the time he re-emerges, the Main Event will be an online tournament, with tens of thousands of entrants, most qualifying through sats. The Main Event will consist of 6 months of sats follwed by the actual online MTT, which will also take 6 months. The final table will consist entirely of bots from India.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What say you, unwashed masses of the WPT forum, should posts like this live or die?

[/ QUOTE ]
live.

it seems that the mods of WPT and OOT like to think that their forums are not dumping grounds for random crap.... but they are, deal with it. there will be more annoying crap and trolls in these threads, duly noted.... but threads like this seem in the spirit of things as long as people are not being called child molesters or something.

just my 2 cents,
tpir
Old 11-28-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, the mostly likely event is that NONE of these 9 men ever make the main event final table again.

Since the poll is really asking "who do you think, based on a small and extremely biases sample of hands, is the worst player of this group", I voted for Lazar.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, the question asked about "any WSOP event."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, reading comprehension skills are lacking today. Since we are talking about any WSOP table, it's hard to imagine that the better professionals at the table (particularly Matusow, but also Hachem,Black,Barch) won't make some future FT. The others, it depends upon who decides they are a full-time tournament pro and plays a lot over the next few years and who stays an amateur who plays a limited number (or no) events. Maybe Dannenmann, since he was one of the older players at the table and doesn't strike me as a guy who will think he's a world class player based on one tournament.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Citanul- based on what we saw, Dannenmann played pretty solid, Kanter was much worse (but almost all we saw of Kanter were just bad hands, so it's hard to say).

I really don't think we have enough information to make this decision and am tempted to lock this thread. What say you, unwashed masses of the WPT forum, should posts like this live or die?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this thread should be locked, as it is completely harmless and is actually less useless than your average WPT-forum thread. It actually has the potential to generate some interesting discussion.

FWIW, I too think Dannenmann plays good.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:08 PM

nh sir