Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: So, how many girls?
10+ 16 3.98%
9 1 0.25%
8 0 0%
7 1 0.25%
6 3 0.75%
5 6 1.49%
4 13 3.23%
3 28 6.97%
2 52 12.94%
1 111 27.61%
0 171 42.54%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Splitting the MTT Forum

I believe that both beginning and experienced players would be well-served by a forum split. The spread of poker understanding in this forum is so broad that it is counterproductive. The play in $1-$20 buyins is significantly different from the play in $50+ buyins.

There is nothing wrong with being a beginner. The point is not to segregate beginners but to give them a place to sort out the basics. Using MLG's 'Evolving' stages as an example, Newbs and Confuzzleds are more likely to make the Leap if they have a forum dedicated to their progress.

Discuss.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Splitting the MTT Forum

[ QUOTE ]
The play in $1-$20 buyins is significantly different from the play in $50+ buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as much as you might think.

No offense to the confuzzleds and such, but I'd obviously love a less cluttered forum. I don't really mind silly "should I fold AA here" posts all that much, but they are a bit annoying. Overall though, I think a forum split is just silly. The difference in play between a pokerstars $500 dollar tournament and a 1 dollar tournament is significant yes, but the same is true between a 10k event and a 500 dollar online tournament. You could keep splitting the tournament into as many pieces as you want, but overall I think it just isn't that important.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:33 PM

This is easily the best forum on 2p2. No need to dillute it by splitting it up.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:48 PM

I also voted No.

There are those, who play below 50+5's and are still what you called "experienced" players. You're not seperating the "Big guys" from the little guys, you're seperating according to the buy ins we play.

Most higher limit players have played lower buy in tournaments and often can offer valuable advice to both newbies and experienced players alike. No need to seperate us because of it. Even though this is one of the busiest sections, I think it's quite nice the way it is.

Jeanie
xo*Kisses*xo @ Stars
Old 12-23-2005, 05:54 PM

I attribute a great deal of what I've learned to this forum. I feel that splitting it would only result in making information less available to the new posters here. I have benefitted greatly thanks to replies from the likes of Exitonly, Woodguy, Ansky, Adanthar and countless others that have been good enough to share their wisdom and advice with me. I don't think I would have gotten that in a forum they don't frequent - and they probably wouldn't frequent the beginners forum if there was one.

I probably wouldn't either.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:00 PM

Any comments from the yesses?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:03 PM

IF there's a forum split, it would be into two forums separated by the buy-in. Not a beginner / experienced forum. So I do believe that the lower buy-in forum would receive responses from "experienced" players who simply don't have the bankroll to play in larger tournaments. I will ask the mods of the forums that have been recently split about the quality of posts in both forums to make sure that nobody would get the short end. Another huge issue is that while noise is a problem, we do need sufficient volume in both forums if a split happened.

While I have my opinion, the above is only provided to clarify some of the factors that would go into whether or not a split happens and how it would be split if it did. I know that all of the Mods and the Admins are open to feedback and suggestions and all comments will be considered.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:09 PM

If you split, a $20 online rebuy should count as a $50+ tournament. Also, live, it would need to be atleast $100 to count as $50+.

Also, the level of play changes over the course of a tournament. The final table of a $3 tournament might be on teh levl with the first round of a $100 tournament.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the level of play changes over the course of a tournament. The final table of a $3 tournament might be on teh levl with the first round of a $100 tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. This is one of the reasons I think a split doesn't make much sense.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. This is one of the reasons I think a split doesn't make much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread