Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: jesus, did really make out with her?

[ QUOTE ]
alcohol doesn't make you do things you don't want to do. i've been hosed on all sorts of substances and i've never cheated on anybody, because i'm not the kind of guy that cheats on somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to make a sweeping generalization based on one data point.

Many guys have natural urges to cheat on chicks. When you're sober, restraint is relatively easy. When you're drunk, it's not. I can tell you from personal experience that every time I've cheated on a chick I've been drunk.

I'm not saying that drunkeness should be an excuse to cheat, but saying it isn't a factor is plain stupid.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Dude- you just agreed with exactly what astro is saying.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're a dick drunk, you're probably a dick sober too...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad news for me
Old 12-21-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude- you just agreed with exactly what astro is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Astro's claim is that if you don't want to cheat, you won't cheat when you're drunk. Well, I never wanted to cheat on any of these chicks. It seems pretty clear that OP didn't in this case either. Had I (and I assume he) been sober, restraint would have exercised. However, drunk, I gave in to temptation. Nobody's denying responsibility for their actions, just saying that alcohol played a role.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:20 PM

Dids and astro, once again owning threads.

I've never, ever done something I regret when ultra-drunk. I've been ultra-drunk my share of times (I go to UW-Madison, so, there that is) and there's almost always some situation that lends itself to doing something I'd regret. Sure, it takes more restraint than normal, but not all that goddamn much.

Not condemning anyone who does something stupid while drunk, do what you want. But using alcohol as an "excuse" is pretty weak.

To the OP: This really depends on a few factors:

- How many people saw you?
- How likely is this office chick to spread this gossip around?
- How forgiving is your girlfriend?
- Have you ever cheated on a girlfriend before? (making out is cheating to me, to others it may not, that's not really worth arguing at the moment)

If it's a one-time incident that you will never repeat again, your girlfriend is unlikely to be forgiving, but she's also unlikely to find out without you telling her, then close any loose ends (talk to office chick to make clear it was a mistake, and that you'd appreciate if she kept her mouth shut) and move on.

If any of those don't apply, confess to your GF and hope for mercy. Unless you're not all that concerned about staying with her in the long run.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

the kinds of opportunities that come up at drunken parties don't come around as often in everyday sober situations. this might be a factor in your assertion that you "never wanted to cheat." it's not about wanting to cheat anyway, it's about wanting to bang people.

i want to bang people too. i also want money, but getting drunk wouldn't suddenly make me willing to steal it. getting drunk is about as likely to make me steal as it is to make me eat a live octopus. if i did either of those things it would mean that on some level i either thought it was a fair idea, or that the reward was worth the risk. i don't have to exercise restraint to not steal. i don't have to really exercise restraint to not cheat either, but that's just because of how i see it. many people don't, and that's fine. i can certainly understand how it's not as clear cut as theft. that's the reason though, not drinking.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got boozed up and did what was natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, I don't see what the problem is.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:23 PM

The really unfortunate thing in all this is that as long as you were cheating you didn't go ahead and throw her [censored] down across the copier and bang away.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:23 PM

I think you screwed up, but there's an okay solution. Obviously it does nobody any good for the girlfriend to find out about this, and it does you no good to continue hooking up with the work girl.

So the next time you see the girl at work, just go up and tell her "Hey, I had a really fun time with you at the party, you were really cool. And now I'm definitely looking forward to the company picnic next summer!" Then laugh it off and move on. Chances are she just wanted to get drunk and hook up too, so it's not like she's expecting you to cheat on your girlfriend permanently and start dating her. Just acknowledge it, don't be gross or cowardly, and move on.