Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 11:51 PM

Default A Cry for Help!!

Ive been in the worst downswing Ive ever experienced for the past 3 weeks. I even took the past two week off to let my mind clear andmaybe come to it with a fresh set of eyes. Today i deposited the $400 left of my bankroll into Absolute for the weekend bonus. Within the first 200 hands i lost more than the bonus was worth and finally dropped to .5/1 when my bankroll reached 300. I need help. I cant beat full ring or 6max. I am sure there is some poor play in there coupled with a bit of bad luck. I have exported my last 300 hands out of PT (the ones I played today) I never had more than 2 tables open, mostly just 1 tho. If there is someone or a couple someones out there that can help me out and wouldnt mind reviewing these hands i would GREATLY appreciate it. I know its a lot to ask and i dont have much to offer except and I O U. these games are .5/1 and 1/2 short mostly. Please PM me. send me an email at a_will_1@hotmail.com, or respond here and ill get you the copy of the HH. Ill be on all tonite, all tomorrow. Please PLEASE PLEASE, and sorry for cluttering the board.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: A Cry for Help!!

I all likelihood your playing over your head. Frankly, I doubt any downswing you've had is that bad. I'm sure it feels awful (just imagine what it feels like at say 3/6 or 5/10), but you need to put it in perspective. I'd recommend reading some of the good posts in this forum. You could start with the sticky at the top. Variance is part of the game. If you feel you can't beat the games you're playing, move down. If your looking for a coach, Pm "josh." he's making a list of coaches. You'll have to pay them though.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:03 AM

if you don't think you're a winning player, move down even further until you feel more comfortable. reply to more posts.

poker isn't easy my friend.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:07 AM

here is your perspective. Imagine what its like at 3/6? I was playing 3/6 6max with 2300 in my roll less than 3 weeks ago. now, .5/1 with 300. I understand variance, std. deviation, EV, and whatever mathmatical explanation you care to throw out there... the fact is i need to find out where im going wrong post flop. Ive been a winning player for going on 11 months now. Something changed within the last 3 weeks and i dont know what it is. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:10 AM

no, something has not changed in the last 3 weeks. 2300 in your roll does not just become 300 by something changing in 3 weeks. if you were a winning player during those 11 months, there is almost no possible way that you dropped this much without tilting.

take a break, play that 0.5/1, build your roll back up. read and reply here. if you don't understand something, ask. your own brain and these forums can teach you basically every thing you need to know to be successful.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:19 AM

I am in no way suggesting that i didnt tilt, I can however say that this is not at all do to tilt. I am constantly reading these forums, continuously re-reading SSH and TOP, reviewing HH and i can honestly say that I feel like i play correctly. I assure all of you that i have not taken to poker lightly, I can assure you that this is a course of last resort. I have tried everything i can think of and now i think i need some new eyes.... Ill post my 5 biggest losing hands according to PT along with an example of each of them in another post. Hopefully ill get more meaningful feedback that way.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here is your perspective. Imagine what its like at 3/6? I was playing 3/6 6max with 2300 in my roll less than 3 weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably should not have been.

[ QUOTE ]
now, .5/1 with 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to believe that's simple variance then.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand variance, std. deviation, EV, and whatever mathmatical explanation you care to throw out there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you do. I don't know.

[ QUOTE ]
the fact is i need to find out where im going wrong post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably true.

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been a winning player for going on 11 months now. Something changed within the last 3 weeks and i dont know what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very seriously doubt that something happened in the last 3 weeks to turn you into a losing player. How many hands have you played? What limits have you played? You say you're playing at Abs. That's a TAGy place. I'd recommend you stick to Party and probably play more Ring rather then 6m until you get your confidence back. Have you read the stick yet? Have you clicked on the links? The best person by far to find leaks in you game is yourself.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am constantly reading these forums

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really not good enough. This place is interactive. Without posting and putting your ideas out there to be judged and arguing for them you won't be nearly as successful as you could.

[ QUOTE ]
Ill post my 5 biggest losing hands according to PT

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't. Post hands that are common and close. Not hands that happen once every thousand hands and have you getting sucked out on.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is your perspective. Imagine what its like at 3/6? I was playing 3/6 6max with 2300 in my roll less than 3 weeks ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably should not have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, 380BB is more than fine if the OP can move down if he gets too low, and he's established that he can. His BR isn't a problem here.

To the OP, while you've done well in moving down to accomodate your bankroll, there's likely something wrong with your game. Very likely tilt if you're just continuing to lose like this. Like leader said, maybe go play small stakes full games to build your roll back up and gain some confidence. Maybe take a week or two off altogether to get your head in the right place.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Come on man, 380BB is more than fine if the OP can move down if he gets too low, and he's established that he can. His BR isn't a problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

not if he can't beat the game, which I assumed is what leader meant.