Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Default PA and Harrington

Ok - I just finished HoHE2 and was thinking about M and Q. Is there any way to get PAHUD or another program to display these for SNGs? Preferably UB SNGs?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: PA and Harrington

M and Q calculations are simple division. If you can't do that in your head, you shouldn't be playing.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
M and Q calculations are simple division. If you can't do that in your head, you shouldn't be playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I havenīt read Harringtons book, so what is "M&Q". Could someone please fill me in??

//M
Old 11-08-2005, 09:28 AM

I'm of the impression that a program which calculates M&Q puts you into the area of being a player aid, and would run the risk of being banned. I think this question was already posed to Josh, and he declined for this reason.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure - until you have to calculate the M of 10 players at 4 different tables in about 3 seconds.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I havenīt read Harringtons book, so what is "M&Q". Could someone please fill me in??

//M

[/ QUOTE ]

M is the total size of the prebet pot (SB + BB + Ante) divided by your stack size. This gives you a relative position to the rest of the people at your table as well as a realistic count of the number of hands you have before the blinds cripple you. Its basically a measure of tournament health.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:25 PM

M and Q don't really apply to SNGs anyway. Not as much as ICM and the # of BB's you have do.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:05 PM

I didnt think they did but a lot of his examples were SNG or other single table events, so I figured it couldnt hurt.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure - until you have to calculate the M of 10 players at 4 different tables in about 3 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could do this easily. It's just as easy as looking at the number PokerAce would give you. Seriously, how hard is it to look at the blind size, then compare it to the stack size?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi,

//M

[/ QUOTE ]

M is the total size of the prebet pot (SB + BB + Ante) divided by your stack size. This gives you a relative position to the rest of the people at your table as well as a realistic count of the number of hands you have before the blinds cripple you. Its basically a measure of tournament health.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. And Q...??

//M