Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Flop two pair and everyone else goes nuts

I didn't have any PT stats on anyone here at this table yet. All I can say is that already in this session I'd raised from the button after four limpers w/ KQs as well and it came back to me capped (two LRRs). The players didn't seem like complete donks on all streets but they were capable of playing aggressively and ridiculous as just mentioned.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero ????
Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Flop two pair and everyone else goes nuts

what did they have when it came back capped previously ?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:38 PM

If the guys that LRR with junk are the ones doing the raising here, I think I cap it and reevaluate on the turn.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:40 PM

I only saw one of their hands, but it was A7s, he flopped a 7, and rivered another. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 PM

Crazy. I don't think I can fold here. It's just too likely that you're up against overplayed top pairs, flush draws, lesser 2 pairs and slow-played AA's.

I recommend calling here and drawing the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Capping would be OK too, but I don't think you'll make anyone fold, and I'm more curious to see which of the players behind me is going to cap.

There's a VERY good chance someone hit this with something like TJ. Account for the fact that your other face cards to fill up are likely gone, and even if they aren't you've got 4 outs if someone flopped the straight.

That said, I don't think I'm good enough to lay this hand down without seeing the turn. Maybe I'm a chip-spewer sometimes. If you're going to play, go ahead and cap it, since its probably coming around there anyways. Maybe (BIG maybe) you'll even get SB out when he's facing 3 cold...but I doubt it.

Cap, reevaluate on turn, then make many notes at SD
Old 09-12-2005, 05:47 PM

in that case they probably have
A- flush draw (likely Axs)
B- flopped str8 or OESD (or gutshot if he's that bad here)
C- lower flush draw or 1/2 pair (maybe set of 9's?)

You most likely have the best hand - may as well cap it and see the turn and hope the scare cards don't come. You have 4 draws to a boat and you may not see the flush or str8 (if it's a draw) get completed.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Turn play

OK, now for the turn... I capped PF, and the turn brought some more reasonably strange action....

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero ???
Old 09-12-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Turn play

hero bets - they all missed the draws

If they CR they call 1 back to you. 2 or more back to you I think I fold.