Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Paradise Million Strategy?

This is my 1st televised final table and am looking for advice from others who've been there. How do the cameras, lights and sound guys etc. impact play . Any tips? What should I wear?

More importantly, I have 400k, 1st has 2.7 mil, 10th 34k, about 9 mil in total chips, 12k/24k blinds, 3k antes , 90 minute levels. What strategy do you suggest? Its basically like a satellite, 1 million for 1st and 10k for 2nd-9th. my id at Paradise is Professor77 and this will be played on the 25th of September if you want to watch. I'm not sure when it will be broadcast.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Paradise Million Strategy?

If 2nd - 10th get the same $$$ play for the win. If you play defensivly and outwait a few players you gain nothing and loose chips im comparison to those in front of you.
Maybe that wasn't the answer you were looking for, and i have no clue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If 2nd - 10th get the same $$$ play for the win. If you play defensivly and outwait a few players you gain nothing and loose chips im comparison to those in front of you.
Maybe that wasn't the answer you were looking for, and i have no clue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I agree with that, I'm no expert on 1 table tournaments but I would think this is the basic strategy

And just to add one thing, when you get knocked out-Rip your shirt off and run around while screaming ' online poker is rigged!'

that last thing is +ev for sure
Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my 1st televised final table and am looking for advice from others who've been there. How do the cameras, lights and sound guys etc. impact play . Any tips? What should I wear?

More importantly, I have 400k, 1st has 2.7 mil, 10th 34k, about 9 mil in total chips, 12k/24k blinds, 3k antes , 90 minute levels. What strategy do you suggest? Its basically like a satellite, 1 million for 1st and 10k for 2nd-9th. my id at Paradise is Professor77 and this will be played on the 25th of September if you want to watch. I'm not sure when it will be broadcast.

[/ QUOTE ]

prepare yourself mentally to gamb0000000l it up b/c that is what you're going to have to do for a shot at first. obviously not stupid sh*t, but you know what i mean. the reason i say "prepare mentally" is because once you are there in the heat of the battle you want to make sure your survival instinct doesn't take over and make you too cautious.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 AM

I have no constructive advice but just wanted to say best of luck.

T
Old 09-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Suggest you discuss it through PM messages with those in the thread, or at least don't reply in the thread with what you intend to do.

You may not be the only one reading this.

Lori
Old 09-01-2005, 09:20 PM

wow cant imagine heads up when one guy is getting 1 mil and the other 10k
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Once you get to the table, ask for a chop. Continue doing this every time someone gets out.

I think thats very +EV.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 PM

Unfortunately tournament rules say even suggesting a chop is grounds to dq the player. Thanks all! Hey act you played the Masters, what was it like down there, any tips?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 AM

What is played on 9/25 and what is played for the TV?