Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: A Cry for Help!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Come on man, 380BB is more than fine if the OP can move down if he gets too low, and he's established that he can. His BR isn't a problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

not if he can't beat the game, which I assumed is what leader meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

May bad, I thought he was talking about his bankroll size. I apologize if he was not.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 AM

If you are confident on yourself then don't drop limits. I had a close to 300BB downswing in a very short period at 3/6 at some point. I kept making the best second hands. However a good amount of this loss was tilting and not playing solid. By realising this I improved my game significantly and never thought of droping limits.

However if you don't feel confident then take some time to review your game and find what's going wrong. When you have specific ideas you can ask good questions here and get good replies. Giving somoene 300 random hands to go through is not going to help that much.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably should not have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

i put in countless hours and ground my way up to their from .05/.10 just like most everyone else... 3/6 was the next step so unless you have something useful to add please just stop talking

[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe that's simple variance then.

[/ QUOTE ]

no [censored], thanks again for your brilliant insight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand variance, std. deviation, EV, and whatever mathmatical explanation you care to throw out there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you do. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? still waiting for something useful

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the fact is i need to find out where im going wrong post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably true.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why im asking for help.... thanks for establishing that.

Your last little paragraph was somewhat insightful, but not really. If you had read my OP you would see that i just transfered over to Absolute today for a bonus, I have been at Party. I have been switching up between full ring and 6 max. Thanks tho.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is your perspective. Imagine what its like at 3/6? I was playing 3/6 6max with 2300 in my roll less than 3 weeks ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, 380BB is more than fine if the OP can move down if he gets too low, and he's established that he can. His BR isn't a problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP wasn't ready for 3/6 especially asb 3/6 if that's what he was playing. A good player, confident in his game can play 6m with ~400 BB. I don't think it's optimal, but to each his own. I don't think OP would claim to be either however.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
please just stop talking

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. Good luck in the future.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:02 AM

you are very right about that.. confdence is something I do not have at this moment. However at the time of the jump i would have claimed to be a good player(not great but winning) and confident prior to the downswing
Old 12-04-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i put in countless hours and ground my way up to their from .05/.10 just like most everyone else... 3/6 was the next step so unless you have something useful to add please just stop talking

[/ QUOTE ]

hey dude -

just because your bankroll had 300+ bets doesn't mean it was time to play 3/6.

in all honesty it sounds like a reality check is exactly what you need right now.

if I had to guess, you have preflop standards down pat, made a bunch of $$ playing micros and low limits and bonus whoring, and know how to autopilot four tables at a time. And you think you understand poker, but in reality you are probably mediocre to bad postflop.

if I or others in this thread are wrong about this it's because you didn't give us any information to work with, and to be honest you've gone from sounding like a whining beggar to a grade A douchebag. be careful not to offend those you want help from

anyways to be honest it sounds like you are in need for a reality check. it's pretty easy to move up when your bankroll is ready but your skill isn't, and at sometime you have to realize you just aren't good enough yet. I have personally been through this at least twice, and in both cases I was stuck until I admitted to myself that I had a whole lot of work to do, swallowed my pride and moved down. it takes a LOT of work my little friend. or even more luck.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP, while you've done well in moving down to accomodate your bankroll, there's likely something wrong with your game. Very likely tilt if you're just continuing to lose like this. Like leader said, maybe go play small stakes full games to build your roll back up and gain some confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt is what I was thinking, too. Since I'm not used to the swings in the SH games, I stop playing after I notice myself getting frustrated and/or making donk plays. I refuse to be an easy opponent esp. against what I consider weak opposition. Dropping down in limits would only mean that I'm losing money slower (which is better than grinding out more bad play at the same limit, I suppose).

So either I take a day off or switch it up if I still feel like playing... Today I'm playing 25NL like a rock bonus hoing. There's something therapeutic about going from 20-30% VPIP on any particular table to 6-10%. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey dude -

just because your bankroll had 300+ bets doesn't mean it was time to play 3/6.

in all honesty it sounds like a reality check is exactly what you need right now.

if I had to guess, you have preflop standards down pat, made a bunch of $$ playing micros and low limits and bonus whoring, and know how to autopilot four tables at a time. And you think you understand poker, but in reality you are probably mediocre to bad postflop.

if I or others in this thread are wrong about this it's because you didn't give us any information to work with, and to be honest you've gone from sounding like a whining beggar to a grade A douchebag. be careful not to offend those you want help from

anyways to be honest it sounds like you are in need for a reality check. it's pretty easy to move up when your bankroll is ready but your skill isn't, and at sometime you have to realize you just aren't good enough yet. I have personally been through this at least twice, and in both cases I was stuck until I admitted to myself that I had a whole lot of work to do, swallowed my pride and moved down. it takes a LOT of work my little friend. or even more luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry if i have offended anyone. Leader your comments irritated me and i still feel like they were meant to be demeaning instead of helpful. You have sterotyped me incorrectly tho. I dont multitable, i do believe i have Preflop standards down pat and i know that doesnt mean much, also Bonus whoring has added about 400 to roll not much else. I know i dont play perfect or even close to perfect post flop. i often spend 8 or more hours a day reading these forums, playing, reading HH, etc. Obviously had i thought it was to much to ask for someone to reveiw a session of mine i wouldnt have asked, but ive seen similiar posts and thought otherwise. my responses to Leader were meant to show that im not an inexperienced player worried about a 50bb loss over the course of two nights tho i admit I could have been more tactful. Obviously i was wrong for posting this, please forgive me. Now that im aware that all your going to tell me is to review HH and drop limits to regain my confidence, ill just go do more of it. Maybe i did need a reality check. thanks....
Old 12-04-2005, 01:42 AM

YSSCKY?

-d