Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-26-2005, 12:48 AM

Default How do you play TT here as a big stack?

How do you play TT here as a big stack? MP1 was stealing a ton. MP2 was looser than average. What do you do on the flop if there is an A or K?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1500 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t57828)
BB (t33500)
UTG (t35620)
UTG+1 (t19732)
UTG+2 (t21173)
MP1 (t75789)
MP2 (t34708)
MP3 (t34316)
CO (t17381)
Button (t19684)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t3600</font>, MP2 calls t3600, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero ???.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: How do you play TT here as a big stack?

call and plan to check-raise a raggity flop
muck an ace high flop
probably check-raise turn if a ten or two flops
Old 11-26-2005, 12:54 AM

This is the ideal spot to try a squeeze play. When the open raisor is loose, the caller is looser also, that is when you want to take the pot. I think i make it 14-15k. If i get a caller, i will reevaluate the flop. I'm definitely pushing a 9 high flop, and likely bet/folding an A high.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Raise

I like to raise here with 10s. You're most likely ahead of the other 2 hands, triple the 3600, if you get called you might be up against a range of 99 thru JJ even. If you get reraised obviously you're in bad shape.

As the previous poster said, push on a 9 high flop, if one over falls, a bet/fold apprach is goot.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:44 AM

This hand is too good and the stacks too deep for a squeeze play, IMO. If you make it 12K, you're gonna get called (by MP2 if not MP1) and then either have to put another 15K - a total of half your stack - in on almost any flop or check/fold the best hand. Also, when one of them pushes AK, you throw up while folding.

OOP with deep stacks, I call this and then play poker.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is too good and the stacks too deep for a squeeze play, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
listen to adanthar.

you want to try and sqeeze with cards that are easy to get away from, nice hands like tens aren't hands you typically want to squeeze with. call and then evaluate the texture of the flop, i think you can figure it out from there.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to raise here with 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I agree with the other opinions, but I'm game. Where is the value in raising with the Tens here?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:44 AM

Hero re-raises (to 9 or 10K maybe?). Good spot for a squeeze, as MP1 could be raising with only top 40% of hands, and MP2 knows that and called with a marginal hand; however, I would fold most of the time to a re-raise all-in. results?
Mike
Old 11-26-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to raise here with 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I agree with the other opinions, but I'm game. Where is the value in raising with the Tens here?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is deep in the tournament and obviously picking up pots before the flop is crucial. You're not trying to flop a set here, or just call and hope for a ragged board, you're trying to accumulate. This is a raise or fold situation imho. If you pop it up you have at least some info on whoever is calling you. You've also taken the betting lead and have position, so a bet on flop will most likely take it down if any callers don't hit the flop hard.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not trying to flop a set here,

[/ QUOTE ]

I am allways trying to flop sets. Especially against multiple opponents with deep stacks. TT plays more like a small pair most of the time and is much easier to play as such.

[ QUOTE ]
If you pop it up you have at least some info on whoever is calling you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem then becomes what do you do when they push?
Does he have AK? QQ? AA? You have gained no extra info and leaked off some extra chips. I dont like getting into that situation.

My game plan here is call - flop a set and then bust them both. Much better than getting into a huge preflop raising war with smallish pairs.