Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Dr. Phil today

If it's on your time zone now, turn it on, if later, tune in; online poker player featured.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Dr. Phil today

Is the player 12 years old and plays 16 games all at once?
Old 08-22-2005, 04:26 PM

Son, I hope you realize that online poker is gambling, and that you cannot win when gambling. The house always wins son, and that means you lose.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Son, I hope you realize that online poker is gambling, and that you cannot win when gambling. The house always wins son, and that means you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did he actually say that or is that an attempt at humor?
Old 08-22-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did he actually say that or is that an attempt at humor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Attempt at humor, I chuckled.

I hate online players like this guy on Dr. Phil. "Phil Ivey wipes with 100's, 500's if he had chili. IF I PLAY ON TEH INTARNET WITH MY KREDIT CARD, I CAN PLAY THE 10/20 GAMES AND LIVE ON MY OWN ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!"

The donk doesn't even keep records!!! "I think I've put in around 12K" (He doesn't know....?) "It isn't gambling." (It's not, for him it's losing)
Old 08-22-2005, 05:52 PM

I hate to sound paranoid, but this is the kind of thing that starts small. One idiot talking about poker and his wife complaining about how it ruined their life. Little negative stories. Eventually Ed Bradley will have a full lineup of degenerates who's lives were ruined by poker, then complete media outrage, then your senators get involved. The reformers are coming, poker on the internet is about to be legislated out of existence. I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya cause nobody smokes anymore...
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 PM

I think the gaming industry might have a little bit more $$$ for lobbyists and political contributions than the lawn dart industry did.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 PM

No records you have no chance.

Curious why no questions like How many tourneys have you won, or placed in the money. THis guy probaly has never read a poker book.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to sound paranoid, but this is the kind of thing that starts small. One idiot talking about poker and his wife complaining about how it ruined their life. Little negative stories. Eventually Ed Bradley will have a full lineup of degenerates who's lives were ruined by poker, then complete media outrage, then your senators get involved. The reformers are coming, poker on the internet is about to be legislated out of existence. I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude when someone smokes besides me, he damages my health. Smoking should be banned in every public place. Every. All over the world. You can't compare smoking and playing poker, and it's not close.
You made a valid point with that little negative stories tough.