Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-11-2005, 06:43 AM

Default QTs checkup

I don't play much fullring anymore, usually play 5/10 or 3/6 6max, but I had a couple sucky days, and decided a little fullring would be good.

BB, UTG are moderately loose, UTG1 is very loose, PFR is unknown .. haven't seen anything real specific only been at the table a little while

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bottomset is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, bottomset calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
bottomset checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, bottomset calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, bottomset calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
Old 12-11-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: QTs checkup

I think the preflop call is a little loose, but I don't hate it or anything.

The rest looks good. The river worked out nicely for you.

On the flop, checking and calling might be a way to increase the action on your draw. (Your lead, with the PFR still to act, is more likely to get folds than an autobet from the PFR.) As compensation for decreased action, though, your lead does increase your chances of winning by spiking a pair. I think I prefer your line to checking and calling the flop.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:12 AM

Would it be correct to bet the turn with 8 outs to the nut straight and pos 3 Q outs (say 1.5)?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be correct to bet the turn with 8 outs to the nut straight and pos 3 Q outs (say 1.5)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It's hard to count on all 4(!) of our remaining opponents calling, and it would kind of suck to get raised.

On the other hand, if we don't bet, there's a good chance it will get bet behind us anyway, as actually happened. And then if someone else decides to raise . . . well, that's a worse result than we would have gotten if we could have bet and had everyone behind us who wanted to stay in just call.

I don't really think leading the turn will result in our paying less to see the river than if we had just checked very often, though.

Edit: A simpler way of looking at it is that we're in better shape on the flop than on the turn, since on the flop there are still two cards to come, instead of just one.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:32 AM

No.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:58 AM

Thanks Nick. I often have a problem with this, and end up paying too much for my draws. Great explananation.