Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 PM

Default stud8 hand: overpair c/red by open baby pair

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.25 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.25 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.63 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.63 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___?
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Old 12-14-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: stud8 hand: overpair c/red by open baby pair

Call down.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:06 PM

assuming you're behind and you need a boat to win, you're 8.75:1 against making one of your four outs. You're getting 8.5:1 pot odds. So regardless you're basically correct to see the river card.

Now the real question is, do you call the river bet. Personally, I still call because he could be betting two pair (or some kind of low flush/straight draw [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) in hopes you either didn't improve beyond just queens or that you were bluffing.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:15 PM

This guys plays makes no sense to me. That being the case I call down and look at quads or something lol
Old 12-14-2005, 11:05 PM

it's possible he made aces up and didn't want to lose you on 5th .. it also wouldn't shock me to see 8's in the hole, though his reraise on 3rd was foolish(yet I see this all the time). The hand that makes the most sense to me is a 56 of hearts in the hole - which would be a very good semibluff with the open pair and is consistent with his earlier play. Some players would make this semibluff with 2 small pair as well so I'm paying it off.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:33 PM

Call this down.He could have 2 pair,planning to check behind on the river if he doesn't get you out.He could also have an A & a low card(even including 2 hearts) in the hole & be making a play.There's enough doubt in my mind to see what he's got.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:12 AM

i'm calling this guy down.