Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 PM

Default common sitaution...

pl mid/high stakes...avg. player raises early, a caller and you call on the button w/ah 3h 5s ks. flop comes 6s 8s kd giving you 2 2nd nut draws and tp...epr bets the pot, its folded to you....your play? if fold then...why play the hand in the 1st place?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: common sitaution...

Call or raise, depending on situation/stacks/image/opponent

-g
Old 11-28-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call or raise, depending on situation/stacks/image/opponent

-g

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...now the next card off is the 4s giving you 2nd nut in both directions and your opponent fires a pot size bet into you...dont you just say at this point, why didnt i fold the flop? if a 2 doesnt come on the end your gonna end up getting to call another pot size bet with no idea which way you're going.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:24 PM

Ahh, that situation is covered on page 227, 2nd paragraph of the PLO8 Poker Players Manual in the Tough Decisions chapter. Just flip to the page and read and the advice is pretty clear, so your decision is straightforward.

You've got that book, right?

-g
Old 11-28-2005, 09:26 PM

Prop - I like Greg's answer better than mine is going to be.

[ QUOTE ]
ok...now the next card off is the 4s giving you 2nd nut in both directions and your opponent fires a pot size bet into you...dont you just say at this point, why didnt i fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What I would say to myself at that point is, "Why am I playing in a pot-limit game instead of a limit game?"

Seems like pot limit is one tough, high pressure, stressful decision after another and somebody ripped the entire tough, high pressure, stressful decisions chapter out of my copy of the PLO8 Poker Players Manual.

But glory be... I do love relatively stress-free, not-too-terrible for your cardiovascular system limit Omaha-8.

Buzz
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prop - I like Greg's answer better than mine is going to be.

[ QUOTE ]
ok...now the next card off is the 4s giving you 2nd nut in both directions and your opponent fires a pot size bet into you...dont you just say at this point, why didnt i fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What I would say to myself at that point is, "Why am I playing in a pot-limit game instead of a limit game?"

Seems like pot limit is one tough, high pressure, stressful decision after another and somebody ripped the entire tough, high pressure, stressful decisions chapter out of my copy of the PLO8 Poker Players Manual.

But glory be... I do love relatively stress-free, not-too-terrible for your cardiovascular system limit Omaha-8.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Unfortunatley, I need a mix of both. LO8 isnt as "exciting" as other games, and I would die if I only played it for the rest of my life.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:53 PM

You are right, very tough situation. At this point you may be getting either half, probably not both, and the ONLY card you want to see is a "2" or the Ace of Spades. Nevertheless, this is probably a crying call situation for me.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 AM

I'm with you, Buzz. Limit poker is stress free. More enjoyable for me than big bet poker.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:35 PM

i think the straqghtforward decision is to raise or fold the flop w/ a lean towards raise and release. calling i dont see as an option.