Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Thin Squeeze (or maybe just a nutter butter spew)

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (5.20 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (5.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (8.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises

River - (17.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (20.60 BB)

I wasn't even sure about coming in since one of my Qs is dead, but the A and the K just calling the bringing led me to believe I had the best hand.

On sixth I felt strongly that I had teh best high and that the A275 had the best low. I had a low opinion of the 55JQ. He could be in there with 3 to a low or 3 to a flush or some other crappy hand. The A hadn't caught anything to make me think he had me beat for high. I was going to checkraise the river too but I just chickened out.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Thin Squeeze (or maybe just a nutter butter spew)

From your comments at the end it sounds like you won the high,but I would have read it differently at the table.Like this.
5th:I'm not liking this too much.Seat 3 took 2 bets cold on 4th & now calls again after hitting a blank.Q's are feeling weak.
6th:I don't like the check-raise here.He already called knowing I probably have Q's up.I just call.(Yea,I know.I'm a wuss.)
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 AM

I see a lot of places that I would fold, and think there is too high a chance that you are beaten to continue let alone raise.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:47 AM

Fold third fourht and fifth, I would just call sixth and seventh. I don't see any reason to play this hand on third. THe pot is going to be multiway, you have a dead Queen and your hand is completely transparent. NOt to mention a A and K have already entered and this is a tighty structured game. Fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold third fourht and fifth, I would just call sixth and seventh. I don't see any reason to play this hand on third. THe pot is going to be multiway, you have a dead Queen and your hand is completely transparent. Not to mention a A and K have already entered and this is a tighty structured game. Fold and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Not to mention you're getting freerolled by the low hand who may have made a wheel on 6th (or drawing to one). I think a C/R here is suicidal. If you want a better chance of getting rid of the third guy, then lead out and have the low hand raise so 55JQ can face 2 bets at once instead of one at a time.

I personally fold almost all of my split pairs (except Aces) and this hand is a good example what kind of trouble it can lead to.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:08 PM

Not much to say, an obvious fold. I only play Queens in late position with a raise if no one has called and no aces behind me.