Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Would you fold here?

I am UTG with AA. Pretty standard table, so I decide to limp. No one has got out of line. Everyone folds to small blind who makes it 10. Big blind calls. I call.

Flop: 9s Ks 7c

small bets 20, big folds, I raise to 40. small puts me all-in, your plan?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Would you fold here?

Stack size? Blinds? You limp PF when nobody has gotten out of line? You're playing at a table where nobody has gotten out of line?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 AM

I would reraise preflop. Do you want BB in that pot also? Two hands that are hard to read (SB and BB)? How much do you have left? If you have invested 50% of your stack already, I would call, hoping he have AK. If you are deepstacked, I don't know. Depends on your read of villian.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 AM

you went for the limp reraise, got your chance and then didn't reraise? are you high? Raise preflop. Call the flop you basically are committed to based on how you played the hand, he doesn't think you have AA....so you can be ahead of AK or KQ....he probably thinks you are drawing. If he has KKK then oh well...you should have been all in preflop against that anyway.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:48 AM

1-2 NL 6-max, I have 225, Villian covers. I limped hoping to re-raise and then when it got raised I decided to trap I felt small blind had a hand and big didnt.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1-2 NL 6-max, I have 225, Villian covers. I limped hoping to re-raise and then when it got raised I decided to trap I felt small blind had a hand and big didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy Play Syndrome, imo.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:59 AM

I can't see how a call preflop can be good here, especially when you are deepstacked. Even if you suspect BB have a weak hand, he have something and you are giving him better odds than he deserve :P. If BB would have folded, then, ok, I buy it.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 PM

youre not deepstacked, which actually should probably be more of a reason to get more in pre-flop
Old 11-07-2005, 12:05 PM

Well, where is the limit for beeing deepstacked? I was basically thinking about that he is letting them see the flop for less than 5% of their stacks, making flop-play more deep and difficul.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 PM

I am just trying to see if when can justify a fold here the way I played it. With the small blind raising to 10 he could have hit a set of 9's 7's or K's. Once I min-raise hime I can only put him on a few hands that he would go all-in with AK which I am beating and the set's which I am losing too. I really thought about folding this, thinking you really had KKK. I called and he had KKK. So either way I am losing if I re-raise pre-flop or not. Thanks for the help