Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 08:09 PM

Default PokerAce GameTime+ PlayerView

Hi all, i did some searching, and was not able to find any significant information stating the differences (pros/cons) of these three PokerTracker addons softwares. If you could add any input you have on any of these softwares, that would be great. From what i have found, PokerAce and GameTime+ are free products, and PlayerView costs about 50 bucks. (correct?). Thanks in advance for your input.

-kamjah
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: PokerAce GameTime+ PlayerView

anybody?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:46 PM

PAHUD just went commercial. It costs $25 bucks. GT+ is free. PA supports more sites than GT+ (in my own experience at least, ymmv), and it also displays mucked hands at showdown on your screen automatically. GT+ looks better. Besides this one detail they offer about the same functionality.

Never used PV.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all, i did some searching, and was not able to find any significant information stating the differences (pros/cons) of these three PokerTracker addons softwares. If you could add any input you have on any of these softwares, that would be great. From what i have found, PokerAce and GameTime+ are free products, and PlayerView costs about 50 bucks. (correct?). Thanks in advance for your input.

-kamjah

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce Hud offers everything that PlayerView does, and more.

As for GT+, there are significant differences. PA Hud automatically recognizes tables and places stats on them without you needing to sit down, play hands and import them into PokerTracker. This helps a lot when you are practicing table selection.

Another benefit is that PokerAce Hud offers over 50 different stats for each of your opponents. As far as I know, GT+ offers maybe a dozen or so.

PA Hud also automatically shows you losing hands that were mucked at showdown.

In addition to this, PA Hud supports multiple databases, tournaments, uses less resources, and if you desire, can be made up to look nearly identical to GT+.

PokerAce Hud takes slightly longer to configure, but once you are setup, it's much easier to use each time you want to play. There's also a very detailed tutorial that makes setup a lot easier.

I'm not trying to spam here. I only wanted to make those who didn't already know aware of the differences between the software. I can't directly link to my site, but you can find the URL in my profile.

PlayerView and PokerAce Hud are both commercial, but offer trial periods. GT+ is free. I suggest you try each one and determine which you think helps you more.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:57 AM

Any benefits to upgrading from .33 to v1? I know I'll sound like a dick, but I don't want to pay for the damn thing if I can keep what I already have.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:04 AM

I just switched programs a couple weeks ago and it has helped so much. PokerAce pwns GT. The ability to find tables automatically sets it apart.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just switched programs a couple weeks ago and it has helped so much. PokerAce pwns GT. The ability to find tables automatically sets it apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you elaborate on the table finding feature?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any benefits to upgrading from .33 to v1? I know I'll sound like a dick, but I don't want to pay for the damn thing if I can keep what I already have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Version .33 will expire in about a week, after which you won't be able to use it anymore. Version 1.0 has several bug fixes and the version that will be released here shortly will have even more bug fixes.

Do you feel the $25 price tag is too high, or do you feel PA Hud isn't worth paying for? Do you feel you're getting poor support?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you elaborate on the table finding feature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe what he's referring to is that all you need to do is to open a table and PokerAce Hud will automatically recognize the table and put stats on it without you needing to do anything.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:01 AM

Pokerace is outstanding and the support is second only to PT and getting closer. Buy it now before they come to their senses and raise the price [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]