Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: AK OOP /w straight/flush draw. Find me a better line!?

But by your strategy you wouldn't make it to the river. You would have folded turn.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:35 AM

yes becuase more times then not im beat here, even if im not beat this time, o well i will get my money in on better spots,
but if i wanted to go to the river thats how i would play it.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 AM

???

I'd raise about 6-8x BB UTG with this hand. Reason, 4xBB is like a mini-raise at this level. You're going to play a larger pot OOP with a hand that doesn't usually win big pots.

With all the draws out there, I'd just check/fold this flop. Not sure why you just call the 1 dollar. If I feel I have a good read on players in the hand, I might lead this flop for slightly over pot and hope to just take it down.

On the turn I fold again. You don't have odds to hit your cards and you're NOT going to get paid off if a 4th spade hits, so you have close to zero implied odds.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:31 AM

I think folding the turn might be a good idea. But his combination of weak flop + strong turn made be suspect that he was probably trying to steal the flop and semibluff the the turn when he picked up a flush draw. If aces/kings are good if they hit, I'm better than 1.9:1 to win, and 2.1:1 if only one of those cards is good. I'm getting 2.4:1 on my turn call, so I'm losing about 12 cents each time I do this. If I can get 40 cents out of him on the river when I hit a straight or flush, then this call ends up breaking even. Any more would be profit. Of course this doesn't consider all the times he has the nut flush.

As for folding the flop... that feels incredibly weak. He could anything, including a middle pocket pair or even air and just wanted to see if I had anything.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 AM

Just check/fold the flop
Old 11-23-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think folding the turn might be a good idea. But his combination of weak flop + strong turn made be suspect that he was probably trying to steal the flop and semibluff the the turn when he picked up a flush draw. If aces/kings are good if they hit, I'm better than 1.9:1 to win, and 2.1:1 if only one of those cards is good. I'm getting 2.4:1 on my turn call, so I'm losing about 12 cents each time I do this. If I can get 40 cents out of him on the river when I hit a straight or flush, then this call ends up breaking even. Any more would be profit. Of course this doesn't consider all the times he has the nut flush.

As for folding the flop... that feels incredibly weak. He could anything, including a middle pocket pair or even air and just wanted to see if I had anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level, who cares? Why invest so much with AK here and players still in the hand? Bluffing at this level is -EV. If players want to bluff you out of a buck here, I'd let them have it. A weak bet could mean a monster or air at this level. If this were HU's and you had position, I'd take a different stance, but as is I'd just fold the flop. You're going to be playing air OOP the rest of the hand. Just seems pointless.