Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Standard Fold RIght?

[ QUOTE ]
A fold seems fine here if you don't want to play TPTK with barely any redraws to a hand that is beating you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am not getting here is why does everyone think he is behind? Havent all of us hammered the pot when a very unremarkable flop comes and someone takes a half-assed swing at it? I'd do it with A9... just to see what happened.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A fold seems fine here if you don't want to play TPTK with barely any redraws to a hand that is beating you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am not getting here is why does everyone think he is behind? Havent all of us hammered the pot when a very unremarkable flop comes and someone takes a half-assed swing at it? I'd do it with A9... just to see what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Here, I put BB on a flush draw and UTG+1 on top pair medium kicker.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:10 PM

I think the fold is good.

Mutant poker anyone ? [ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 10 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the fold is good.

Mutant poker anyone ? [ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 10 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good point, I missed that one.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM

from MP3, I usually raise pf w/ AJ - perhaps it would have helped you play your hand a bit easier, with two callers, I make it $6 to go.

But as played, I think a fold is good
Old 11-09-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's necessarily behind, but he's facing a bet + raise in this position. I don't like where he's at. I hate the phrase "you can find better spots," but this is a spot that I don't personally like being in. As I said, it depends if you don't mind playing TPTK facing a bet and a raise. I personally do not in this situation.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's necessarily behind, but he's facing a bet + raise in this position. I don't like where he's at. I hate the phrase "you can find better spots," but this is a spot that I don't personally like being in. As I said, it depends if you don't mind playing TPTK facing a bet and a raise. I personally do not in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are saying. Ive always been in the mind that a minraise from a limper is just a swipe at a board, usually meaning low pair or TPNK. I didnt really count that as a bet.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing here I am really fearing is a set. Even then, unless its a set of Jacks, you have outs. A reraise will almost guarentee that the third guy folds and will chase any bluffs or longshot draws. I think $30 would to well. Anything else is still giving near 2-1 odds which isnt bad on the flop for a 4 flush or oesd.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

you have runner outs against a set, thats it

lol

raise to 30?

lol
Old 11-09-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Runners against a set of jacks. Running aces or either jack against the mid or bottom set. The raise is to get the 3rd guy out of the pot.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Very constructive comment. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
lol

lol

raise to 30?

lol

[/ QUOTE ]